What is the proper way of getting inside a vehicle?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I've seen two different ways:

1) Insert leg first, then sit down
2) Sit down with legs outside of vehicle, then move legs into vehicle

I personally do number 1. I don't understand how number 2 works exactly. You're ruining the side bolster and bottom of the seats with excessive wear and tear.

Which is the correct way?

Depends... if you are young, slinder and in shape you kind of glide in...

If you are like me old, fat, dumb and happy you kind of, well, blobeye or just flop into it.

Getting out...just don't watch, it will discourage you

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I've got to be honest, I saw this thread and was thinking "What in the f..." but I'm glad I read it. The question and first response made me laugh.

Now to actually contribute...I would say you have to step in, the number of bolsters I have seen that look like someone sat only on the bolster always makes me scratch my head. I specifically try to avoid touching the bolster as I sit into the car.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I've got to be honest, I saw this thread and was thinking "What in the f..." but I'm glad I read it. The question and first response made me laugh.

Now to actually contribute...I would say you have to step in, the number of bolsters I have seen that look like someone sat only on the bolster always makes me scratch my head. I specifically try to avoid touching the bolster as I sit into the car.

Initially, I wrote it out like this, but decided to adjust it a more civilized level:

2) Sit down with legs outside of vehicle, then move legs into vehicle (RUINING THE FUCKING SEAT COMPLETELY AND UNDOING ITS INTENDED PURPOSE!) :lmao:

Mike has a point, though. It really depends on an individual situation. This brings up a completely different topic, but people think in regards to their own personal circumstances, right?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Which is correct? 1.

#2. is for the winter, when your shoes are covered in rock salt filled slop. You click them together until a sufficient quantity of winter has been knocked free of your soles and then swing both legs into the car. :lol: