AEM Intake

So I got an AEM intake on my '16, but don't know what I should do to make a more efficient tune....

I have Access tuner and ready to go if anyone wants to help....

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
First, welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

Second, did you purposefully purchase an AEM intake for your car or did it come already installed on the car?

Third, are there any other modifications done to the car? If so, please list them all.

Fourth, you stated that you have "Access tuner." What are you referring to exactly? Do you have a Cobb AP?

Fifth, there may be an OTS map for the Cobb AP for VA STi's. I'll have to look to double check, but please answer the above questions before we move on.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
First, welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

Second, did you purposefully purchase an AEM intake for your car or did it come already installed on the car?

Third, are there any other modifications done to the car? If so, please list them all.

Fourth, you stated that you have "Access tuner." What are you referring to exactly? Do you have a Cobb AP?

Fifth, there may be an OTS map for the Cobb AP for VA STi's. I'll have to look to double check, but please answer the above questions before we move on.
[MENTION=7321]OYAXO[/MENTION] what he said, above. Lets get a little more info!

The AEM intake probably wont add much power by itself, but needs a tune. If you have an AP there very well may be off-the-shelf (OTS) maps for it.

Sorry for the late response.... I got hte AEM cause A it was avilable from a neighbor NIB, and mine was loose fitting....

List of modifications:
TGV Delete (completed yesterday) Previous owner jacked arround with them and was getting a CEL. fixed that "DELETE"
EGR Block off
HD Clutch
Boomba STS....

So here is what I have done with my Accesstuner.... (Yes APv3)
Deleted all TGV CEL's
Deleted EGR flow malfunction CEL

Tweaked MAF calibration by X1.0125 on all MAF G/PS table.... nothing noticable...

I am running COBB Custom features, Stage 1 93.ptm, only modified it as above....

I have E85 redaly avialble and was dabbeling with E30.... but WHERE DO I MUTIPLE by 1.131!

Picture to come shortly.... as I sit here on my throne at 6:36 AM....

BTW if you want to join the Army, I'm a recruiter in the state of Oklahoma and surrounding states.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Your stick intake had a loose fitting? How so?

I wasn't aware you can calibrate more advanced parameters with the V3 AP... Are you doing all of this directly from the AP or do you have the program AccessTuner Race?

Cobb custom features? You'll have to sit down and write a more detailed description.

Your stick intake had a loose fitting? How so?

I wasn't aware you can calibrate more advanced parameters with the V3 AP... Are you doing all of this directly from the AP or do you have the program AccessTuner Race?

Cobb custom features? You'll have to sit down and write a more detailed description.

I have Access Tuner... I paid $150 on cobb website for EFI-University..... Access tuner Race isnt avilable for DIT 2015+....

Aside from that... yes the intake was ill fitted, mostlinkley coulda been tightend up, but as this is a used vehicle, it was mostlikley back to stocked and just slapped together, the "MilkJug" was missing.... I didn't like the fact I could reach up from underside, and touch air filter.... friend of mine ended up buying the intake, and then decided he didn't want it, so I got it at price, tax free and now... so that's that....

With that being said.... What I would like, is somehow if someone can guide me, or point me to the correct place, how to calibrate a new intake and MAF.... Ive seen post that I should just adjust the injector pulse width (multiplier and offset)?

now Im also throwin' ina bit of E30 mix here.... so... yeah, um there's that...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright, so it seems you're more advanced.
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] has a thorough tuning guide that he wrote, but it's for premium members only.

If you become a premium member on the forum, you'll have access to it.

Talk to [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] about it.