Tuned But still seeing feedback knock

Seasian2

Hey guys, I had recently gotten tuned in the last 3 weeks through a reputable shop, they noticed some knock with the gas I had, Costco gas, so got a conservative tune.
I enjoy just cruising around but do have my occasional spirited pulls, not too many, but enough to make me smile. I tried changing location for where I got my gas, and noticing feedback knock more.
It runs about -0.7 - -2.8 time to time when I get on it. Even cruising down the highway I notice sometimes -1.75 on the Feedback Knock Learn, I hear its not too much to worry about but just got the motor built and don't have to have problems again haha.
Its tuned on pump 93 octane.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What's your tuner say. Since its barely out of the shop, and you ruled out gas, I'd definitely give him a call.

Engine tuning isn't my forte, but a few others on here should be able to chime in.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
From what I understand, as long as knock isn't occurring during heavy acceleration or WOT, it's not "interesting knock." Many variables can contribute to false knock and I also experienced it during civilized/granny driving. However, you should definitely talk to your tuner for his advice and knowledge. Report back with what he says!

yamahaSHO

If by "built" engine, how loose are the PTW clearances? Forged motors are pretty noisy... It may just be a case of needing the knock sensor threshold raised. You can this out by running the tank low, then filling with a few gallons of race fuel. If the "knock" doesn't go away, it's likely noise that needs to be filtered out.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If by "built" engine, how loose are the PTW clearances? Forged motors are pretty noisy... It may just be a case of needing the knock sensor threshold raised. You can this out by running the tank low, then filling with a few gallons of race fuel. If the "knock" doesn't go away, it's likely noise that needs to be filtered out.

Great tip, thanks!