Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wide and O2 sensor

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

wide and O2 sensor

So trying to figure out and maybe my google-fu is off.... how many O2 sensors are on a wrx? And if 2, can I just swap in a 5 wire (https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds) like that one?

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: wide and O2 sensor

First of all, which model year WRX? (The newer models may differ from the older ones.)

As far as I know, there should be two: an upstream and a downstream. Doesn't look like the one you linked would mate to the connector like a stock sensor would:

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

3. Thanks OYAXO thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2016 wrx base... TGV Delete, EGR blocked off... AEM Intake, IAS Street AOS, Hd clutch... APV3...

Minor ECUs mods by myself with Accesstuner

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Looks like the VA (2015-2020) WRX's also have the same amount of O2 sensors.

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

wide and O2 sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    First of all, which model year WRX? (The newer models may differ from the older ones.)

As far as I know, there should be two: an upstream and a downstream. Doesn't look like the one you linked would mate to the connector like a stock sensor would:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...g?v=1398269862
    So what would be a drop in wide band I could use? Or is there a pin out so I can splice?

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I suppose I should be asking: what are you trying to do exactly? Is one of your O2 sensors faulty and you need to replace it? Are you just looking for another O2 sensor to bung into your down pipe for an accurate AFR reading?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    I suppose I should be asking: what are you trying to do exactly? Is one of your O2 sensors faulty and you need to replace it? Are you just looking for another O2 sensor to bung into your down pipe for an accurate AFR reading?
    76,000 miles on the car. Just want to make sure I’m getting everything I can. I’m self tuning for E30, (still learning) but wanted to make sure I’m not running too lean/rich....

Poke all you like for me choosing to self-tune and not “Just get an OTS” map. I’d rather learn then bolt on and play(or plugin).

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You most certainly have more knowledge than I do in the tuning aspect then. So, you're looking for an O2 with an AFR gauge to monitor accurate AFR; as in a bung in the down pipe, correct? I have an AEM UEGO wideband, so you could either buy one yourself, or try to copy their method and inputs. I don't know how difficult or accessible it is to find an AFR gauge with an RS-232 output.

This costs $100 more than the O2 you linked above:
    https://www.maperformance.com/produc...SABEgLKafD_BwE