Help identify part number for Blower Motor Fan (72223FE030)

auu

Hi, my blower motor went bad. AFAIK whole box (pictured) goes as 72223FE020 and costs around $300

Car: Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2006

I'm looking for the motor itself (white blades in the picture) not the whole box as it seems to be possible to replace just that part. I might say I'm even looking for the aftermarket part such as TYC or similar. The cheaper, the better, but still do require part # to start my search.

Also considering to only replace old brushes on the old unit if that would be even possible? Has anyone done that and can guide me?

s-l1600.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=5465]auu[/MENTION]

Wouldn't this piece be the exact same piece used between all GD chassis (it's most likely the same exact part used in almost every Subaru from the early 2000's) models including the 2002-2007 Subaru Impreza, the Subaru Impreza WRX, and the Subaru Impreza WRX STi?

I'm not certain how things are in Latvia, but here in the USA, you can easily find almost any part (whether new or used) for a cheap price either on eBay, Amazon, or even local parts stores sometimes. I see the part costing right around $35 shipped in the USA.

I came across this video:

auu

Alin, thanks for the input. I think you are right. Actually sourced after market motor, just that part, did cost around $100

For anyone and future reference: Yes, you can change just the motor of the blower, no need for the "white wings" part or the whole "black plastic box", just take the motor out and put the new one in.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You should also start a member's journal for your car and show us some pictures of it! :tup:

What diesel car did you have prior to the STi? I see you mentioned in your first post in 2015.