Manual Oil Extractor/Pump

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I bought this mainly out of curiosity. The claim was that this device makes oil changes exceptionally simple and easy to perform. Other reviews stated that it extracts roughly 95% of the oil out of the engine, which sounded adequate enough for me.

This was literally the easiest oil change I have ever done.
This was literally the simplest oil change I have ever done.
This was literally the fastest oil change I have ever done.
This was literally hilarious and a wondrous novelty to me!

It took me literally five minutes to extract all of the oil out of my engine. This is not an exaggeration! Now, I don't know whether it extracted 95%, 98%, etc. oil out of the engine, but I definitely pumped as much as I could out. If there was any remaining oil inside, it had to be a trivial amount.

Cost
$30 shipped

What's Included
-manual oil extractor/pump
-4 different tube sizes

My thoughts: 10/10 purchase, worked exactly as advertised, extreme value for the cost, and crucial quality of life product!!! :tup:

Whether you want to save time, not get dirty/underneath the car, or both, I HEAVILY recommend this product to anyone with a car! (That has to be at least 90% of the population, right?) Obviously, if the oil filter in your car is on top of the engine, this has to be the best purchase you can ever make!

You can also use the extraction pump on some other liquids. I'd imagine another extremely useful way to utilize it would be if you're a home owner and need to extract water out of somewhere. It certainly can come in handy, but my main focus was the car's oil aspect.

WiWSDkN.jpg

7ZbIjRQ.jpg

Notes:
-There is also a version that allows you to hook up an air compressor to make the extraction process progress even faster. I chose the manual only version because I wanted the cheapest product.
-The car that was used to extract and perform an oil change on was my MK4 Jetta TDI, which has the oil filter under the hood/on top of the engine. (Also, my car has a thick skidplate that makes oil changes a bigger mess than they need to be.) If your car's oil filter is underneath the car, you would still need to get under and swap a new filter in.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Did I not tell you about these earlier?!

Yeah, these are pretty awesome. And if you have a boat, pretty much a necessity. The one i have is a Mityvac brand that can both such out of the dipstick tube, then reverse to put it back in an old oil container.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did I not tell you about these earlier?!

Yeah, these are pretty awesome. And if you have a boat, pretty much a necessity. The one i have is a Mityvac brand that can both such out of the dipstick tube, then reverse to put it back in an old oil container.

If you did, then I didn't remember. :lol: Can you post a picture of the one you have?!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I bought mine from Amazon, but waited for a cushy warehouse deal on it. If you're not aware there are some price alert tools you can set up to email you if the price drops to where you want it. I dont know how i lived without Keepa (the one that i use). Camel Camel Camel is another popular one.