New 2020 WRB STI owner.

Subie_rucker

Hi All, name is David and I live in Texas straight south from Houston near the coast. I?ve wanted an STI for at least the last 10 years and I finally got one this past weekend. I got a 2020 WRB base with the Recaro seats upgrade and added the short throw shifter. I plan to use this as my daily driver splitting time with my aging Ford F150. I use to own a 2008 Honda SI sedan that I kept stock. I do plan on doing upgrades to this new STI once I get a few miles on it and do a ton of research.
cbf16f32f0a1a95a0c9565fb5d480722.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What made you decide to get a brand new one over a used one? Aside from the SI, what other cars have you had in the past? How does the STi compare to them? Is there anything you don't like about it? What do you love about it? How many miles have you driven it thus far?

Do you plan on modifying it? I highly suggest you read our sticky threads and learn as much as you can. Aside from gaining knowledge (out of the seat), another thing you should be doing is getting seat time and learning how the car behaves.

Since you have a 2020, I imagine your best interest is to keep it stock until the warranty expires. Also, since it is a 2019+, you have the better engine and transmission that the Type RA received first. Honestly, you have the best package that an ordinary STi has ever received. So, in some ways, it was worthwhile waiting 10+ years to get an STi. :tup:

Ask any and all questions that you might have!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome! You're going to love it here. Also, @Boogieman98 is your regional IGOTASTi Subie guru. He won't steer you wrong.

Last edited:
Galveston? Welcome fellow Texan!!! I'm in Dallas so if your ever up this way hit me up!! You plan on tracking the car at all? If so MSR Cresson is a great track. I'm going to be going to COTA in March and may if your interested

Subie_rucker

Galveston? Welcome fellow Texan!!! I'm in Dallas so if your ever up this way hit me up!! You plan on tracking the car at all? If so MSR Cresson is a great track. I'm going to be going to COTA in March and may if your interested

West of Galveston in Lake Jackson. I do want to get on a track just don?t have any knowledge on how to get started. MSR Houston is right up the road from me and I was thinking of signing up for a one on one instructor session sometime soon.

I also want to try some auto cross. I?ll probably look into that before getting on the track.