2013 STI Daily Driver

Seasian2

I have just recently been in the works of trying to look for an upgrade for my suspension, I only use my car as a spirited daily driver. I was hoping to see what options I would have as to getting an upgrade lowering the car while getting the car to perform much better. I've heard good things about the RCE springs, would they work with stock suspension? Should I upgrade the shocks/struts as well? Been looking through threads to get an idea, any help would be appreciated!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
RCE is a brand that is superb and is ALWAYS brought up when springs are brought up. You do need to do your own research (as with most things in life), however, I will say that you can't go wrong with either RCE Yellow or RCE Black springs. Read the descriptions for both and decide which type fits your style more.

You should also talk to Jordan [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION] for deals and information! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I have just recently been in the works of trying to look for an upgrade for my suspension, I only use my car as a spirited daily driver. I was hoping to see what options I would have as to getting an upgrade lowering the car while getting the car to perform much better. I've heard good things about the RCE springs, would they work with stock suspension? Should I upgrade the shocks/struts as well? Been looking through threads to get an idea, any help would be appreciated!

To Alin's point, RCE is well respected.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is try to get rides in someones car that's done similar mods to what you're looking for. And get it over some rough road so you think if it'll be livable for you.

Look at springs and/or some fixed perch struts. Maybe roll bars, but IIRC yours will be much stiffer from the factory than the GD that I'm used to.

There are a ton of bushings that can help clean up "slop" but may increase vibration.

Better tires can make a world of handling difference!

I would NOT recommend coilovers for a "spirited daily driver."