Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Multiple lights on dash. Some steady, some flashing.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Multiple lights on dash. Some steady, some flashing.

Has anyone seen......Check Engine light and traction control light, with Flashing cruise control and "S" light?
    This car was modified Feb 2019. 400HP at the wheels. Ran fine 10k miles since mod and tune. I am unable to change from "sport" mode. And NO cruise control buttons work. Car runs fine. I checked the oil, and it was fine! LOL

Calling the tuner tomorrow to see whats up. I will post the fix after done. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

2. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Multiple lights on dash. Some steady, some flashing.

For the GD chassis, if you have a CEL present, the CRUISE light will also flash. This is a safety feature that disables the cruise whenever a CEL is present. From what you're describing, it appears that the GR chassis disables the SI Drive as well. I'm not certain about the traction control light, though.

What's the CEL for?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

4. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Multiple lights on dash. Some steady, some flashing.

A CEL doesn't necessarily disable cruise control (or flash). A CEL that flashes/cause the cruise light to flash (depends on model year) is a sign that the engine is now operating in Limp Mode, which among other things, disables cruise control and electronic boost control (leaving you with the wastegate spring controlling turbo operation only). Every CEL is worth investigating/troubleshooting, but dropping into Limp Mode can be a sign of something more serious. Don't freak out just yet...it could be something simple like a clutch/neutral position sensor that is reading wrong. Basically, just be really careful driving until you get it figured out. If you must continue driving the car in Limp Mode, do your best to stay out of boost and get yourself a full, fresh tank of 93 octane. Do you have a Cobb Accessport or some other way of reading the engine codes?

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 02-20-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post