Multiple lights on dash. Some steady, some flashing.

TerryCFT

Has anyone seen......Check Engine light and traction control light, with Flashing cruise control and "S" light?
This car was modified Feb 2019. 400HP at the wheels. Ran fine 10k miles since mod and tune. I am unable to change from "sport" mode. And NO cruise control buttons work. Car runs fine. I checked the oil, and it was fine! LOL

Calling the tuner tomorrow to see whats up. I will post the fix after done. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
For the GD chassis, if you have a CEL present, the CRUISE light will also flash. This is a safety feature that disables the cruise whenever a CEL is present. From what you're describing, it appears that the GR chassis disables the SI Drive as well. I'm not certain about the traction control light, though.

What's the CEL for?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
A CEL doesn't necessarily disable cruise control (or flash). A CEL that flashes/cause the cruise light to flash (depends on model year) is a sign that the engine is now operating in Limp Mode, which among other things, disables cruise control and electronic boost control (leaving you with the wastegate spring controlling turbo operation only). Every CEL is worth investigating/troubleshooting, but dropping into Limp Mode can be a sign of something more serious. Don't freak out just yet...it could be something simple like a clutch/neutral position sensor that is reading wrong. Basically, just be really careful driving until you get it figured out. If you must continue driving the car in Limp Mode, do your best to stay out of boost and get yourself a full, fresh tank of 93 octane. Do you have a Cobb Accessport or some other way of reading the engine codes?

Last edited: