AOS Install then OBD fault code p0390

TexasSTI

Topic search didn't find results.
Only install was IAG AOS on 2020. 200 miles later error code P0365 and P0390 (yea both sides exhaust banks 1 and 2). Other than CEL no engine symptoms..idles, runs at speed, accelerates like factory. Not sure how an electrical problem popped up in this case. Searching solutions from guys with more experience than I. Thanks

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm interested to learn what the issue is here as well.

TexasSTI

Have likely diagnosis effecting the engine harness, possibly where it plugs into the main harness. Currently CEL is very random...is off more than on. Car performance never changes when on, except cruise and S# is off line. Thinking a pin in the plug, or perhaps a stretched harness wire when moved to install the AOS is not solidly connected and during the right engine movement it allows the wire/pin to momentarily disconnect but then when the movement passes the wire rejoins. That movement does not cause a permanent separation, but it did however at that moment create an open circuit that tripped the CEL. This is still pretty fresh and I've not landed on what the next step will be, but I intend to get with the installer to discuss. They do AOS installs all the time and i don't expect anything but cooperation to trouble shoot and fix the problem. Hell, it may be Cobb stage 1 time with turbo back ti exhaust.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
After the experience of my personal engine build AND dealing with automotive electronics and wire harnesses literally every day at work, I feel that your theory is highly probable.