Clifford Alarm Query

Ollieb_93

Hi all, I know this is going to be vague but it's all ive got!

I have a clifford alarm fitted to my imported subaru Impreza and unfortunately I don't have the manual. I also cannot locate the valet box so it appears its been hidden really well because of this I'm unsure on model number.

All I'm trying to do is turn off the electric folding mirror function which I have previously done using the key fob, but after refitting the battery after winter storage its turned the feature back on.

Would you know which order the buttons on the fob would need pressing to switch this off?

As I say, I have previously turned this feature off using the fob so I know its possible!

Thanks in advance.

017c6164a95e1b75d593e05c81304bdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Have you tried to look up a PDF of the user manual online? Maybe try to cross reference any numbers that may be on the back of the key fob. If there is a "suggested installation" portion of a manual, it may point you to the location of the control box. Just a couple thoughts... :unsure:

Also, check under the plastic steering collumn cover. Probably on the underside of the collumn.
Another place people often hide aftermarket electronics is under the dashboard clock pod. It pops out pretty easily with a flat head screwdriver. Be gentle so you don't break the plastic clips that secure it in place.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Ollieb_93

Have you tried to look up a PDF of the user manual online? Maybe try to cross reference any numbers that may be on the back of the key fob. If there is a "suggested installation" portion of a manual, it may point you to the location of the control box. Just a couple thoughts... :unsure:

Also, check under the plastic steering collumn cover. Probably on the underside of the collumn.
Another place people often hide aftermarket electronics is under the dashboard clock pod. It pops out pretty easily with a flat head screwdriver. Be gentle so you don't break the plastic clips that secure it in place.

Hi mate thankyou for the reply.
The keyfob is a generic fob from what I've read online and can be mated with any clifford system so that wouldn't help unfortunately.

I have found on the clifford site a load of manuals for different systems but without knowing what mine is I wouldn't know where to start on them

I have checked under the steering Columb plastic, taken the glove box out and checked all round there, removed radio and looked behind there and also the clock area and found nothing. I had a clifford in my old subaru and know what the valet box looks like so unless it's completely different it isn't anywhere easy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Damn. Well, if I think of anything else I will be sure to let you know. Good luck.