Hello again

Stiman05

Hi again. I live in CT. I have a wrb 05 sti. I bought it in January of this year. It is my second sti I have owned. First one was a 04 sti platinum silver. But I totalled that in 08. So my 05 I bought from a guy in mass. He got into drifting and wanted to sell it for his drift car he was building. It had been sitting around for about two years. So I got a car with some problems lol. The sun beat on the driver side. So the clear coat is peeling. So i swapped the driver door handle and lock. Got a new hood scoop. Bought new headlights because the ones he had weren't any good. Bought slotted drilled vented rotors with ceramic pads. Fixed most of the wiring mess he had going on with the headlights. He had put halos in. Upper and lower intake manifold gaskets. They were leaking antifreeze from sitting. New oil lines to the turbo. Fixed the fmic piping. Fixed the wiring so all the windows work. Needs new spark plugs, exhaust so I can get through emissions and it has a parasitic drain. Going to bring it to efi for a exhaust and tune. Subaru dealer for the wiring. I have a new front bumper and lip. Which I will take to the body shop and get the whole car repainted. Keeping it blue. Ok for the good. Rotated 3.5 xtr bb turbo, invida downpipe into a straight pipe, tail ewg, 1300cc injectors, tgv, deletes, heated bearing, heated forged crank, manly piston and rods, Brian crowder springs clips retainers, unequal length headers, air oil separator, e85 fuel system, stage 4 clutch, cobb short shifter, coil overs, act strut tower brace, pitch stop. Cobb access port. 500 on the E85 tune, 446 on pump. Want to get gold te37s, process west intake, cams,pulleys and I would like to get a iag stage 4 block. Want to reach 800awhp. Well I think that's it. Will post pics once.i figure that out lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Regarding pictures, I recommend you download the Imgur application on your phone and host your pictures on there. You can copy the URL link from each picture and post it on here. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow, that's quite a find, and quite a project!

As you said we'll definitely need pictures, and more documentation of bringing this beast back to life!

What's your plan for the 800whp?! That's a lotta horses. And with that many don't forget the brakes and suspension--i know you said coilovers but there are so many good and terrible options out there.

Stiman05

Hey grinder, I have the brembos with slotted, drilled and vented rotors. Apr strut tower brace. I forget what brand the coils are. I have asked the previous owner for a parts list. He said he had one on his comp. I have plans for the drive line also. Carbon fiber drive shaft and axles. Do all bushing, front and rear sway bars end links stabilizers. Its gonna be aot of money but worth it in the end. This is my forever sti. I hear 800 whp is safe place for the engine if built right. Obviously things will let go but. I wanna be able to roll on exotics and give them a run up to 170. The look on there face is priceless. Wish I had video of the guy in the Maserati I smoked. He was on his phone and I pulled up next ot him. Gave that I'm rich fuck you look. We left, I pasted him. He stepped on it and I waved buy. Dropped to fourth and was gone. He dropped his phone and tried but was to late lmao

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hey grinder, I have the brembos with slotted, drilled and vented rotors. Apr strut tower brace. I forget what brand the coils are. I have asked the previous owner for a parts list. He said he had one on his comp. I have plans for the drive line also. Carbon fiber drive shaft and axles. Do all bushing, front and rear sway bars end links stabilizers. Its gonna be aot of money but worth it in the end. This is my forever sti. I hear 800 whp is safe place for the engine if built right. Obviously things will let go but. I wanna be able to roll on exotics and give them a run up to 170. The look on there face is priceless. Wish I had video of the guy in the Maserati I smoked. He was on his phone and I pulled up next ot him. Gave that I'm rich fuck you look. We left, I pasted him. He stepped on it and I waved buy. Dropped to fourth and was gone. He dropped his phone and tried but was to late lmao

Add a dashcam (front and rear) to your build list! That way you'll always have a video! Also take some pics under the hood, in the wheel wells, etc... and we maybe be able to help you identify some of the parts! And it'll be the start of your build journal, right!??! (hint hint)

Definitely refresh all of the bushings, but you may want to use some restraint in what material you use. Things can get harsh pretty quickly if you make everything a stiff poly right off the bat.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
So I?m going to be that guy. Sorry. Don?t build an 800hp car to go street race people. C?mon. Unless you are finding roads with no one around, it?s incredibly irresponsible. Having lost my sister to a senseless act maybe I?m less tolerant of it now, but I just don?t see the point in risking lives to get some bragging rights on an exotic car.

Regarding the build, unless you are going with a different block, upgraded fuel system (not just big injectors and pump), and a better oil supply, I disagree with anyone using 800awhp and safe in the same sentence with these motors. Builds that make that kind of power are frequently serviced heavily to keep bearings and other wear items in good shape. If you?ve got the time or money to maintain something like that, power to you. I?m sure it will be awesome. Keep us posted with what you ultimately decide to do to reach that goal. A lot of knowledgeable people around here that can help guide you. Good luck.