Whats up all

NV05STI

whats up everyone. New here. Uhm my name is Brandon I own a 05 STI and she's my baby and I'm in the middle of building her. Any pointers on here or direction to maybe people who have spare parts they're planning on getting rid of would be greatly appreciated.

Yo Brandon! Welcome! I?m pretty new here. My name is Lance and I own a 2020 STI Limited. As far as your build goes, it all depends what your end goal is. Will it be a race car? A drag car? A show car/SEMA worthy? Once you get that established, you can look at what people with similar goals have done to their car. Good luck

Grinder34

Track Monkey
[MENTION=7496]NV05STI[/MENTION] what [MENTION=7490]ltsubie[/MENTION] said. Building it for what?

But tell us more about the car. What's been done already, where'd you get her, how long ago? Pics!?

NV05STI

I will upload pics later after I finish the perrin stabilizers. I got her in Cali made a good deal so couldn't pass it up. Motor has about 3k on rebuild. Running 1200cc injectors. Full exhaust. Catless downpipe. Full lip kit. Recently powder coated wheels like semi matte black. Uhm Perrin intake. Think as for now the rest is pretty stock. Planning on using for a daily for awhile for sure so kind of focusing on bolt on/ascetic parts for now. I will take some pics later of full car to post on here

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Was there a turbo upgrade to warrant the 1200cc injectors? That is a good bit for Stage 2. I bring it up because you mention using it as a daily. Big injectors that are not being utilized are not the most reliable in my experience. The stock fueling system on these cars is not the best. Was the fuel pump also upgraded?

In terms of bolt on upgrades from here, there will not be much beyond what you have in terms of power. Anything from here will require a re-tune (new turbo, intercooler, fueling mods, headers, etc.) costing anywhere from $200-600 depending on whether you are going e-tune or dyno tune.

You could address some of the other parts of the car to make it feel significantly faster: tires, suspension, CF drive shaft, short shifter, weight reduction, etc.

From a looks standpoint I think a nice suspension can help the look and make the car be/feel/look faster. Wheels are always my go to but it sounds like you are set there. If you have the cash to go summer wheels/tires and winter wheels/tires I recommend it (unless you don't have cold temps where you are). I hate all-season tires, most are a huge compromise in all conditions except for maybe rain.