Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GNP shifter bushings installed!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: GNP shifter bushings installed!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    Oooooh noooo….

This might be the dreaded Subie synchro issue. Strange this is, it shouldn't be happening on your model year. How many miles are on the car? I don't mean to freak you out, but that's the exact symptom mine started having---albeit a couple years---before I had to have trans work done. Install a magnetic drain plug, clean out the lower pan, change the fluid and start a small savings account for the future.
    It’s got 105,000 km so that’s about 65,000 miles.
    Just got all my fluids changed. Oil, transmission and diff. Already a magnetic drain plug on there.

Probably syncro because if I give it like half a second and shift there’s no click. It’s smooth. Anyway, feels good getting all that done. $400 later. Have a warranty for 2 years and if nothing happens in 2 years I can extend it for 2 more. So I should be ok for any future trouble. They said the tranny is at about a 5 out of 10, 10 being bad. So not to worry for now. I baby it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

In regards to driving properly, please don't ever attempt to launch or rip through gears in order to keep the transmission in adequate condition. You want it to last as long as possible! Also, if you don't already, please allow the car to properly warm up all fluids before driving hard or shifting sternly.

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

4. Thanks Bellzy thanked for this post
    Likes Bellzy liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    In regards to driving properly, please don't ever attempt to launch or rip through gears in order to keep the transmission in adequate condition. You want it to last as long as possible! Also, if you don't already, please allow the car to properly warm up all fluids before driving hard or shifting sternly.
    Haha I launched it once. Will NEVER DO IT AGAIN. Smelt burning clutch and regret everything. And I always allow 10 - 15 minutes to warm it up in cold ass weather and 5-10 in warm weather. Don’t drive it hard until I’ve coasted for like 5 - 10 minutes. Like I said, I baby it. It’s too expensive not to take care of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12