Steering Control Module Failure

kirankamath

Control module for power steering in my ?16 Impreza hatch failed on me, was a pretty scary experience.

Wheel violently rocked before the dashboard indicator came on and the power steering turned off completely.

Thankfully I was driving locally and was able to quickly and safely stop the car. Dealership says it?s a faulty steering control module and I?m lucky to be covered under warranty.

Really worried about it happening again in the future to be honest, especially on the highway.Just wanted to share my experience.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Video conferencing builders and developers in dombivli new projects in dadar

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Holy shit man. I've seen some crazy stuff, but can't say I've ever heard of this happening. Anyone else...?

Anyway, welcome to the community. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. There's lots of good information to read and helpful people to point you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to ask questions. No one here will bite.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome. That's scary!

I've never had any sort of issue like that...so what does the steering control module do, control the power assist?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!

It's one thing for the power steering to fail, and it's another thing if the steering wheel locks up. Thankfully, you were able to avoid danger. I bet it was an eye opening experience, to say the least. :lol:

When your steering wheel violently shook, was it rapidly back and forth?