2021 Subaru Crosstrek updated with new engine, refreshed styling

Filed under: Subaru,Crossover,SUV
2021-Subaru-Crosstrek-Sport-10.jpg
Continue reading 2021 Subaru Crosstrek updated with new engine, refreshed styling
2021 Subaru Crosstrek updated with new engine, refreshed styling originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 9 Jun 2020 09:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h] Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Damn. Another new model year, another weaksauce NA engine despite the "updated with new engine, refreshed styling..." headline. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but didn't you have an XV Crosstrek for a while, @IGOTASTi ?

I've been kicking around the idea of what I'll replace my DD Buick Regal Turbo with. Since I do a fair amount of hunting---and since I got stuck out in the boonies and had to be towed out last winter---I'm thinking of something with a little more ability to get myself out of a bad spot without calling roadside assistance. :lol: It seems that the XV has about the most ground clearance you can get in a Subaru these days, but man...

"The biggest difference you?ll find for 2021 is the addition of a new engine to the lineup. While the base and Premium trims will continue to use the 152-horsepower, naturally aspirated 2.0-liter four-cylinder carried over from 2020, the Sport and Limited trims will employ a new-to-Crosstrek 2.5-liter four-cylinder boxer engine. Borrowed from the Forester, and also found in the Outback, this naturally aspirated 2.5-liter provides 182 horsepower and 176 pound-feet of torque."

...just sounds SAD to me. :unsure: