Hello From Mid Missouri USA

DipSTIck

Just bought a used 2014 WRX/STI sedan with 59k miles. It's my first subie and I love it. There aren't very many subarus here in mostly-rural mid-Missouri, so it actually turns a lot of heads. The more I get into my new baby, the more angry I get at the dealer I bought from(long story). Still, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car... with my clothes on.
Thanks for all the great posts and wisdom. I will be doing the 60k service myself soon and this forum has been a great source.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!! [MENTION=7555]DipSTIck[/MENTION]

What other cars have you had in the past? How does the STi compare to them? What do you love about it the most?

What's the background information regarding the dealer? Tell us! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

We DEFINITELY need to hear the dealer story!

Also would love to see some pics, and hear more details. What kind of driving have you done so far? Any plans for anything special...mods, driving excursions, etc?

DipSTIck

I don't have much time right now to answer everything but a quick question for you all: Does anyone else just turn off their radio while driving and just listen to their STI? I stared doing this shortly after purchase (for initial shakedown) and now I can't get enough. Friday I was heading home and I kept hearing this pinging noise. I had been running her a little bit earlier but not even pushing it. I could't place the noise, rod?, valve?, WHAT IS THAT? It seemed random interval regardless of the rpm. Just as I'm starting to get that oh shit feeling in my gut, I noticed the CD was skipping!!!! Radio off, No odd noises, RELIEF!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh, man! I know that feeling all too well! :lol: I'm glad everything is fine, though! :tup:

jimoblivion

Make sure you're running on 91plus. I grew up wanting to be a DJ, even went to college for it but my school's radio station had broadcasting power of .3 watts. Barely enough to make it across the street of the school into my own dorm, haha. But I'm a music guy and now that I finally got my STI the way I want it, I keep the music about 1/4 of what I normally listen to in the car.

My wife doesn't go for all the obnoxious noises (her name for turbo spool/burble tune) my makes so when we're together and I'm driving my Outback. I've recently started listening to my stereo at half throttle, just because the system is so clear. In the STI I just want to hear the spool when she surges and the bangs after shifting.

When I finally get to take a drive w/nothing to do and nowhere to be, driving the STI around town is my therapy. Here in NY there's a Subie every 4 or 5 cars. In the SE suburb of our city we have a very popular Subie Stealership, but the people love the lady owner and in that general area, literally there's a Subie every other car, but the STI is still scarce. WRX's are everywhere, they're about as common as Outbacks and Foresters.

I said all of that to say this, when I get the STI out for a ride it never fails, I see a guy and sometimes a gal on the side of the road motioning to hear the car, like wanting me to drop it a gear or want to hear it spool up and I'm more than happy to oblige and it makes my day to see people get excited about the car.

The Big Wang is a head turner to begin with but when an STI is huffing and puffing, snorting and farting (my language for Turbo Spool/Burble Tune), car enthusiast get excited to hear and who doesn't want to put on a good show. How shy are you if you get a car w/such a bold wing.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The Big Wang is a head turner to begin with but when an STI is huffing and puffing, snorting and farting (my language for Turbo Spool/Burble Tune), car enthusiast get excited to hear and who doesn't want to put on a good show. How shy are you if you get a car w/such a bold wing.

I can hear most STIs coming a quarter mile off, and I love it!