New to Subbies

S4toSTI

Hey guys. Just so a few days ago an almost a decade long affair with my first grownup love ended. I traded in my 2011 Audi S4 for a 2020 Subaru WRX STI Limited 6spd WR Blue Pearl. Had to drive 2 hours and put her on hold for a week. Took almost a month to find.

Old girl
c59fbd8b15f0a1927eabe4c022656d7a.jpg

2dc8b5c54eaa8f33f4f226c39ceddc19.jpg

Here?s my new love

3497ab664eee8625cee1176796f515dc.jpg

cbf4ba0918cb9b44bb807c11281dc06b.jpg

3606f62c3fd4ac7154fd93c3d9072aff.jpg

2b1e192c751d237c29789882a9b740c5.jpg

Can?t wait for the plates to come in. She?s screaming for some tint and then start looking into Cobb stage 1 probably. Thanks for slowing me to join the community.

There?s no replacement for displacement but I?d still rather be blown

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

What made you switch (from one all wheel to another)?

What are the initial impressions!?!

Given the semi-murdered out black look on the Audi, I'm surprised you went with the blue. But a tint will make it look quite nice!

And we've all got LOTS of opinions on mods around here, and happy to try to give you some good advice!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What made you decide to get an STi of all cars? Were there any other vehicles you were considering? How would you describe your experience going from German to Japanese? Is there anything you miss that the S4 had, that the STi doesn't? Is there anything the STi has that the S4 didn't?

What other cars have you had in the past, aside from the S4?

S4toSTI

I always wan blue and the S4 was supposed to be blue but dealer tricked me. The S4 was almost 10 years old, was in need of a clutch and that?s like half the value of the car and it started having electrical gremlins so it was time to go. I wanted another one but they don?t come in manual anymore so that was out.

My requirements were AWD, manual and forced induction. That left the Golf R but only 2019 as it was killed and won?t be back till late 2011 and I couldn?t find any I liked, WRX, STI, or then it was looking FWD like GLI or GTI.

I miss the lushness if the S4 like the nicer seats, quieter cabin, auto rain sensing wipers but I love the center diff control and SI drive. The close ratio tranny is nice, notchy but hasn?t broken in yet. Love the brakes on the STI but not a fan of 19? wheels in NJ with our horrible roads but I have insurance on them.

Only had the car for less then a week and less then 150 miles but so far I?m enjoying it. It?s definitely not as fast BUT my S4 was stage 2 APR so I can?t really compare the two. I will miss the 28mpg I got on the highway @80mph though. All in all I?m very happy and look forward to putting some real miles on the car and really seeing what it can do.

S4toSTI

I had a 2005 VW GLI, 2009GTI, 2009 BMW 335xi, 2005GTI, 2010A4. GLI was great. Seat in 2009 GTI Sucked so I traded it for BMW 335xi. Hated the mpg, way I was treated on the road, awd system sucked(felt like front and rear tires were fighting) and the online forums were really full of snotty stuck up people. Had the 2005 GTi and 2010 A4 at same time and was modding both but really wanted the S4 so I traded them both in for 2011 S4.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmm, another person with a German car background. Both [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] and i have German cars at the moment, and I've had a multitude in the past alongside my STi.

While it'll take some time, I am curious to know what your average MPG will be later down the road once your car is broken in. How are your driving habits?

Did you ever dyno your Stage 2 S4?

Why were you so keen on forced induction? What deterred you from, let's say, any of the Audi S models with the 4.2 V8?