Hello From Oklahoma!

Charon

I finally got an STI about 3 a half months ago! Been incredibly busy since quarantine so haven't had the chance to get signed up on the forums and start posting, but you can bet I've been peeking around the forums. Always enjoyed STI's as a kid and got the chance to ride in a buddies one time, and instantly fell in love. Once I had the money to buy a car, I found a used 2017 STI and purchased it!

I've got plans for modifications in the future, but i'm planning on burning through most of the warranty before I start with that.

Haven't had the chance to go on any good drives yet. If anyone has any recommendations around Tulsa Oklahoma then I'd be happy to hear them!

BIpfdjL.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Welcome! We're happy to have you here! I'm sure you'll find this community to be helpful and respectful. There is a ton of good information and people that will point you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no one bites. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? How does the STi compare to them? Is there anything you don't like about it? What do you love about it?

Before you purchased the STi, were you looking at any other cars? If so, which ones and why?

Why did you opt to go wingless on the STi?

I think the best thing for you to do is just drive the car is it is until the warranty expires, and become acquainted with how it behaves. If you do end up buying anything for the car, aside from just normal maintenance, then look into buying only tires. If you haven't read the owner's manual yet, read it. If you did read it, I recommend reading it again. The best bang for the buck (in my opinion) is a forum, such as this one, where you will find a wealth of knowledge. :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've got plans for modifications in the future, but i'm planning on burning through most of the warranty before I start with that.

Welcome!

What sort of mods do you have in mind?

In case you're interested, here's an old thread about modifications and warranties: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/4322 There's still a lot of non-engine mods you can do if you're gunshy about the power levels!

Charon

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? How does the STi compare to them? Is there anything you don't like about it? What do you love about it?

Before you purchased the STi, were you looking at any other cars? If so, which ones and why?

Why did you opt to go wingless on the STi?

I think the best thing for you to do is just drive the car is it is until the warranty expires, and become acquainted with how it behaves. If you do end up buying anything for the car, aside from just normal maintenance, then look into buying only tires. If you haven't read the owner's manual yet, read it. If you did read it, I recommend reading it again. The best bang for the buck (in my opinion) is a forum, such as this one, where you will find a wealth of knowledge. :tup:

This is actually the second car I've ever owned. The first was 2010 Ford Fusion SE and the STI surpasses the Fusion in every category possible haha. First driving the STI, I certainly wasn't a fan of the clutch, but it's grown on me over time. Absolutely love the handling of the car.

Before the STI, I was looking at Miata's, S2000's, 370z's and Mustangs. I was wanting looking for a starter car that was easily modifiable and had an abundance of community information. The reason for the STI was that I found it for a good price from a dealership that I trusted. Plus the abundance of information that's readily available on the STI.

I opted wingless to hopefully reduce cop attention. However, there is an itch to purchase an aftermarket wing sometime down the road.

Primary mods I'm wanting are wheels, tires, suspension, exhaust, and paint or wrap. I'll begin power mods once the primary service warranty is over and wheels will most likely come after the wheel warranty is over as well. (Or sooner, who knows?)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I opted wingless to hopefully reduce cop attention. However, there is an itch to purchase an aftermarket wing sometime down the road.

Primary mods I'm wanting are wheels, tires, suspension, exhaust, and paint or wrap. I'll begin power mods once the primary service warranty is over and wheels will most likely come after the wheel warranty is over as well. (Or sooner, who knows?)

I did the CF wing route on a CF trunk for the weight savings and stealth. It was about a ~15 min ordeal to take off or put on the wing, but I was wingless pretty much all the time unless I knew i was going to be doing something sporty (track day).

Wheels....do it! You can get a slightly lower offset (wheels a bit more flush) that look how YOU want them to...not Subaru. Every time i walked up to my car, my wheels made me grin. I also am a firm believer in suspension mods, but I'd recommend learning the stock car a bit first before modding it. THat way you'll know WHAT you want to mod, and be able to appreciate it.

Have you done an Auto-X or HPDE before? I HIGHLY recommend it from two perspectives: 1) Learn the car, safely, to the limits; 2) Have a shitload of fun.

Charon

I did the CF wing route on a CF trunk for the weight savings and stealth. It was about a ~15 min ordeal to take off or put on the wing, but I was wingless pretty much all the time unless I knew i was going to be doing something sporty (track day).

Wheels....do it! You can get a slightly lower offset (wheels a bit more flush) that look how YOU want them to...not Subaru. Every time i walked up to my car, my wheels made me grin. I also am a firm believer in suspension mods, but I'd recommend learning the stock car a bit first before modding it. THat way you'll know WHAT you want to mod, and be able to appreciate it.

Have you done an Auto-X or HPDE before? I HIGHLY recommend it from two perspectives: 1) Learn the car, safely, to the limits; 2) Have a shitload of fun.

I haven't done Auto-X or HPDE before. However, I do plan to do some Auto-X with the car and I'll have to look into HDPE!

Appreciate everything!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I haven't done Auto-X or HPDE before. However, I do plan to do some Auto-X with the car and I'll have to look into HDPE!

Appreciate everything!

Oh man, let us know if you need any advice or encouragement before autox-ing. It's such a blast.

Here are a couple of threads to look through:

What to pack for an AutoX:
https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/383-What-to-pack-for-an-Autox

Why you should consider an HPDE over an AutoX:
https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/7354-Why-you-should-consider-HPDE-over-AutoX

Thinking of going to the track? Here's what you need to know:
https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/th...ing-to-the-track-Here-s-what-you-need-to-know