Kontras Performance Columbus Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kontras performance ... Columbus Ohio

They actually do what they say for they say it will cost. Good bunch of guys

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How's the car been? How much have you driven and where have you driven?

omkhalil95

Jealous of you, my experience with Kontras was extremely disappointing. They built me a motor that blew timing in the first 40 miles, which trashed my fresh heads, and slapped it back together and sent me down the road with 100psi of compression on 3 cylinders. When it would never run right, they charged me for a few diagnostics, then told me to take it somewhere else and theyd give me $300 to keep my mouth shut about the experience. When I refused and took it to another shop, he found that they'd turned off a bunch of parameters in the tune to keep CELs from popping up, and that after only 1500 miles ish, the cylinders walls were trashed despite everything being built new by them. So I had to spend $6k to fix their work, and that wasn't even including a new shortblock cost. Taking them to court and they keep playing lawyer games!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Jealous of you, my experience with Kontras was extremely disappointing. They built me a motor that blew timing in the first 40 miles, which trashed my fresh heads, and slapped it back together and sent me down the road with 100psi of compression on 3 cylinders. When it would never run right, they charged me for a few diagnostics, then told me to take it somewhere else and theyd give me $300 to keep my mouth shut about the experience. When I refused and took it to another shop, he found that they'd turned off a bunch of parameters in the tune to keep CELs from popping up, and that after only 1500 miles ish, the cylinders walls were trashed despite everything being built new by them. So I had to spend $6k to fix their work, and that wasn't even including a new shortblock cost. Taking them to court and they keep playing lawyer games!
Wow, that's quite an unfortunate experience. Not exactly something we'd like to hear, especially if they didn't fix their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.