Clutch noise !

Hi Guys and Girls ,

I have a growling noise on my 2020 WRX STi which has been bugging me since I got the car new. It starts around 2500 rpm to 3000 rpm you can just hear it when you are driving when the clutch is pressed to change gear. But you can also hear it when you are stationary see video one. In video 2 you can hear it louder and more pronounce when the clutch is pressed. I have been back to my selling dealer twice with this noise and another dealer to see what they said about it.

My selling dealer first told me the noise was normal and nothing to worry about, the second dealer also said the same thing ?? the second time I took to my selling dealer they told me it was a loose hose clamp on the intercooler ! YEAH ! really :banghead:.

I had it on a dyno last week to be tuned, and while it is driving through the rpm range to rev limit the engine sounds real good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKi4Omwn5EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1oYIxf4gg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The videos don't work for me, [MENTION=7512]Dazmlp66[/MENTION] .

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Try now you may have to turn up the volume

I hear it, and that would concern me as well. However, I have no knowledge, experience, or have done research on the VA chassis. Have you read on other forums of people reporting the same noise?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What did the tuner say about the noise when you had your car on a dyno and tuned?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Really? I can hear it clearly in the second video. It's a sort of clutch chatter (that I've heard before from aftermarket clutches). It's very odd that it occurs only in that specific RPM range, though. Does it still chatter when you're actually moving and in gear at the same RPM range?

I don't know the specifics of who you've talked to at dealerships. What I would do personally is ask to speak to Master Technicians at multiple Subaru dealerships (2-4) and gather some opinions. A Master Technician should either know, or point you in the right direction.

To me, something is definitely off according to your video. However, I'm neither an engineer, nor a professional. :lol:

Yes it does it when I drive at the point we?re I am releasing the clutch after a gear change at that specific rpm of 2500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bleepa310

Yes it does it when I drive at the point we?re I am releasing the clutch after a gear change at that specific rpm of 2500

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey I have a 2020 STI with the same noise. The noise was more pronounced after transmission fluid change. Any resolution to this?