Piggyback removal

Trosz

Hello all, has anyone ever removed a Turboxs delta9 piggyback system from their subie? I am hoping it?s a pretty standard uninstall process, any all info appreciated. My son and I are hoping to uninstall, then install a new Cobb APv3, then get the car tuned, also this motor is built, will the limp mode be safe to start the car with? And get the tuners to begin the process, or go with a stage 2 map and hope for the best from there for tuning? Let me know what y?all think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trosz

2fc110a59bf16fd0702cf6f5dbbc81e0.jpg

Trosz

Only real issue I am seeing is the spliced wires, otherwise it look straight forward as to the uninstall, any other tips info etc appreciated, let me know what the subie wizards think

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=7446]Trosz[/MENTION] , where are the wires spliced exactly? Are they in the car's OEM harness that plugs into the OEM ECU, or are they spliced in the Turbo XS' piggyback ECU and its respective harness adapter?

Regarding driving the car, if your tuner can provide a base/limp map for your car's modifications, then that's the best bet. If your tuner cannot provide you a base/limp map, then you can opt to use the Cobb AP and flash the Stage 2 (as long as your car is catless) map. Whichever route you take, YOU MUST NOT BOOST!!!!!! You would need to drive with as little throttle as possible to avoid boosting.

In a perfect world, you'd tow the car to remove the worry completely. However, that's not always an option.

Trosz

Getting it done on the 28th we gonna take out the piggyback in the lot of the tuning shop, then install the access port, it?s a short stroll to the dyno from there and should be all done by 5-6 pm our time.
Looks like the wires splice back into the main harness, so should be simple, will post the results in a few weeks

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I hope everything turns out well, and look forward to the positive updates! :tup: