OT: Count To A Million Game!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
7779 been super busy moving into the new house car is done till new motor. Long story but a local shop screwed me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7780 Perfect place for a long story. Break it into pieces for maximum posting ;)

On a serious note, sorry to hear you got screwed by a local shop. That has been the worst part of "adulting" for me. I feel like when I contact a business to work on my car, my roof, my driveway, etc they should be professional and trying to keep my best interests first...but that is most def. not the case. I never understood brand loyalty and the way my dad and grandfather would always use the same stores/vendors/contractors...I get it now. Only took me 32 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
7782, Dam y?all blowing this thread up now... good job. Also, having someone you trust is important only as long as said person has gained that trust and it was not just given it. Learned this lesson the hard way many times. Also my 04 is running pretty well as atm. Got 10kish on new motor. Plan to swap back to tgv delete and id1000?s from stock if I can ever find the time. Also need to invest in a AOS with the built motor. Although for now I am thinking about just using the catch cams I have to keep oil out of the intake.

7783 yeah it was a shit show. Dude had my car 5 days for clutch install. Took motor out completely. Told the dude on the last day I was coming to get it. Because he promised it would be done. I get there and he?s bolting them back together. He said he would have it done for a while so I told him I?d wait. Because at this point I?m pissed. Shouldn?t take that long. Get ready to leave and fire it up not running like it should. Sit there and argue with him. He says it new clutch pretty much. So finally I say fk it and leave. Have to work in 3 hours. So drive it to work to see if maybe it?s just me being tired. Car won?t build any boost so I take back after work. He goes over it and says it?s a sensor wasn?t. Says it was boost controller which is factory. They take the car for a drive. Him and another guy. Comes back says it?s fine. So me being the dick says pile in and let?s go for a drive. Pull out shop and boom dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Pull up ap to see codes and every camshaft/timing sensor code is up plus a few others. So back to the garage... just got home will finish in a bit

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7784 , Wow.. That's not something we want to hear! :tdown:

7783 yeah it was a shit show. Dude had my car 5 days for clutch install. Took motor out completely. Told the dude on the last day I was coming to get it. Because he promised it would be done. I get there and he?s bolting them back together. He said he would have it done for a while so I told him I?d wait. Because at this point I?m pissed. Shouldn?t take that long. Get ready to leave and fire it up not running like it should. Sit there and argue with him. He says it new clutch pretty much. So finally I say fk it and leave. Have to work in 3 hours. So drive it to work to see if maybe it?s just me being tired. Car won?t build any boost so I take back after work. He goes over it and says it?s a sensor wasn?t. Says it was boost controller which is factory. They take the car for a drive. Him and another guy. Comes back says it?s fine. So me being the dick says pile in and let?s go for a drive. Pull out shop and boom dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Pull up ap to see codes and every camshaft/timing sensor code is up plus a few others. So back to the garage... just got home will finish in a bit

7785, ok we need an update on this or at least the rest of the story.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
7787 - that sucks. I've never had someone else work on one of my Subarus and stories like these will probably keep it that way.

Are they washing their hands of it or trying to help now that you've shown then there are clearly issues?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7788, they better own up for their fuck ups! Where you currently at right now, [MENTION=5560]Taranto217[/MENTION] ?

7789 so it get back to the garage and the guy is claiming he had nothing to do with this problem. Go to leave and the car blows. Come to find out they put used oil in my car. But I don?t think that?s what causes it. But that oil has enough metal shavings in it to pass as a glitter liquid So now it?s at my house in the garage waiting to have the money to fix it. Lawyers need more evidence. And another shop to look over the car but the shop they want me to take it too charges 100 a hour to diagnose it. So yeah shop isn?t claiming any fault. This is the second shop to see my car and the other shop was real auto dynamics that the great George tunes at. Car would be priority it just bought a house and currently remodeling so the car is on the back burner and it fkn blows because I miss driving my car badly!!! Car is payed off next year but right now we are thowing money in to get a new motor. The woman even misses it but I don?t think my neighbors will like it when ole girl runs again haha

7791 sorry it took so long just been so busy with work and working on the house

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7792, holy shit, dude! That's devastating! :(

You're in Canton! I was just in Canton today to get my new wheels. You live a blink of an eye away! (Not exactly, but it feels that way cause I love cruising. :lol: )

7792, holy shit, dude! That's devastating! :(

You're in Canton! I was just in Canton today to get my new wheels. You live a blink of an eye away! (Not exactly, but it feels that way cause I love cruising. :lol: )

7793 yeah pretty much canton. About 20 mins from my last place

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7794, I'm jealous as North Canton recently had almost all streets freshly paved and they're literally perfection. I cruise down there a lot because we have shit streets up here in the Cleveland area. I knock on Cleveland and Ohio a lot, but it's really not that bad. Maybe, it's because I've gotten accustomed to it. How do you find Ohio compared to the previous places you've lived now that you've been here a while?

These are the two turns where I test out tires and push my cars to their limits (in a safe manner, of course):

6ytHccv.png

Xvmoh64.png

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!