OT: Count To A Million Game!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
7821 - Heck yeah man! I've probably spent enough with Jordan to put one of his kids through college.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7824 - Pretty dead around today, eh boys?

...Buehler....Buehler...? :lol:

7825 very dead. Well block is in the garage. Gaskets oil pump Gates timing kit on the way bouts to be time to partay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7826 life has been busy with work. Not much done with subby but have been building another fleet.

53498ecbc0d78e20b44d9e5463d3d2db.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7827 - I hope everyone is doing okay financially during this whole circle jerk. At least in my area (Detroit Metro), things have been pretty rough. 75% of my coworkers lost their jobs and have no clear indication of whether they will be called back after this all blows over. My company---and my wife's (both automotive suppliers)---are not expecting to recover financially until 2025.

I'm counting myself very lucky to have kept my position. Previously I had to take a couple weeks of furlough with reduced pay, followed by a few weeks of working from home. Now I'm back in the laboratory full-time, but it's like a ghost town around here.

Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing as well as possible. Keep the faith. Eventually the gubmint will have to give up this charade.
"The Kung Flu is kinda like a check engine light on a rusted out beater. At first there is some concern, but eventually you realize you still have to go to work."

Last edited:
7828. Been working the whole time during this whole situation. But my worked did lay off about 75% of the workforce. It was a voluntary lay off. Everyone came back to work. But now they are thinking mandatory lay off because truck dealers aren?t produceing the trucks they were before. Mack is at 20% along with Peterbuilt kenworth international and all that. At the beginning we had almost 400 trucks in our lot to be built we are now down to 50ish which is 2 weeks worth of work. I build dump trucks. They are cutting out hours down to 40 for now
9b759950fcdfc7d1511e9aff146b6443.jpg

7829 I?ve searched and searched. But I?m currently having issues with my AEM wideband. Thing is stuck in heat cycle and then will hit 3d10 displayed on gauge and have to restart gauge. I?ve changed my sensor and to the point ima just buy a new one but before I do figured I?d ask if anyone has had similar issue

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7829 I?ve searched and searched. But I?m currently having issues with my AEM wideband. Thing is stuck in heat cycle and then will hit 3d10 displayed on gauge and have to restart gauge. I?ve changed my sensor and to the point ima just buy a new one but before I do figured I?d ask if anyone has had similar issue

7830, from a quick online search, people who have had this issue all noted that they contacted AEM. You should probably also do the same, assuming you haven't done so yet. :tup:

7830, from a quick online search, people who have had this issue all noted that they contacted AEM. You should probably also do the same, assuming you haven't done so yet. :tup:

7831. I just said frig it and ordered new everything. They told me it was my sensor so I changed it out with what they reccomend and it didn?t help at all so should have it tommorrow or Tuesday. Summit didn?t have one in stock earlier so I just ordered it

Last edited by a moderator:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7832, hopefully it'll work with the new unit. :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Dad jokes are the best and here's why:

"Why"

7834 - That could be both a Dad Joke and a click-bait Buzzfeed article. :lol:

Last edited:
7835 well boys it won?t let me send a video of the reveal. But my Instagram taranto217 for the video I?m beyond excited

96a9b6e22cb2d338b1219805dd90e76e.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7836 - Congratulations!!!!!! Get all the things you have on your to-do list done right away! :lol: Trust me!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7838 - Hey guys, quick question... (if the discussion goes too far, I'll make a separate thread and move the content over)

I'm kicking around the idea of getting another Subaru for a daily driver, whenever I decide to get rid of my Buick Regal Turbo. Anyway, I want the most amount of ground clearance and best drivetrain options I can get.
It looks like drivetrain options are going to be pretty weaksauce on most of the possibilities. For example, maybe an XV Crosstrek would be a good fit for my needs (lite duty offroad, i.e. turning down unmaintained roads in the winter and parking in precariously sloppy places [going hunting]). I have gotten the Buick stuck before and I'm done with that bullshit.

If I got an XV Crosstrek, I'd just have to deal with the "no balls" NA powerplant. But what if I got an Outback XT (2.5T)? How difficult/expensive would it be to put a suspension LIFT on it? I've done full suspension builds in the past, but for lowering. I wouldn't need a huge lift, just maybe a couple inches.

Thoughts...?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

I say you make a new thread regardless!

I'm reading that the Crosstrek and the Outback XT both have 8.7" of ground clearance. You want to have even more clearance than that? Despite a different power plant and increased power, the Outback weighs about 600-700 lb more than the Crosstrek.

I think the best option is for you to go visit a dealer and test drive them both! :tup: it's possible that real world experience differs heavily from the numbers on a paper or screen.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
7840 - For sure. I've still got a ways to go with the Buick, but just trying to think ahead. 8.7" of ground clearance and the XT engine option seems to make the Outback the obvious choice. Heavier vehicles do get better traction, and the longer wheel base makes for pretty dependable handling. That's probably all I need...and I'm sure I could fit a couple deer in the back. :lol: