GD Lucille - Got2Boostit2's other woman 2004.7 STi WRB Track Monster

So June 12th I celebrated 10 years of owning this particular car, it has been challenging and fun for an April to October/November car. I did a few things to celebrate. Early May did a trip with a group that included exotics up to northern Michigan on what they called Spring Fling. Early June ran with a smaller of the same individuals on what they called Show-n-go and on Fathers Day I participated in an invite only car show at the Ford Estate called Eyes on Design (showing for a set number of hours to me is boring-met nice people but being locked in for 7~8 hours is not my kinda thing). Got a nice license plate keepsake to hang on my home office wall out of it. I did however detail/polish/wax Lucille so she is standing tall right now for her 10th. Images to follow.

Eyes on Design: This is the car that inspired the song "Little Duece Coupe" My category: Lucille in all her glory - she ain't for everyone - but she's right for me!

So want to try and get in a track day this year, been over a year without one. Also wanted to attend WBM, but moms fell gravely ill and I could not, so the anniversary year may spill over into "14 as I want to attend another all Subaru meet and drive the Dragon and do one of these big rallies like Motorcity Gumball and do the Michigan Mile if they have it next year! Excited to be behind the wheel and enjoying the car.

Lucille cleaned and ready for Eyes on Design:
DSC03144_zps383e737b.jpg

Spring Fling collage courtesy of Steven Pham Photography:
308663_10151916029526978_753957530_n.jpg

how did you like the nt01 tires? how did they take heat?
For the tracks I run they are great! I hardly want to try any other tire as they work well for my style and setup. Granted we run 15 minute sessions with 5 minute cool down, so they may not work as well for others. Great feedback near or at limit.

finallymysti

My sessions range from 20-30 minutes. Right now I'm running rs3's and overheat them after 3-4 laps with no traffic. Only time they last is if I take 4 seconds off my lap times, which is no fun. I'm running rce blacks with stock sways. I'm kinda thinking even in stock size nto1 may have to much grip for my setup

Kinda down at the moment, yesterday my mother went to her new home, she can now be reached in heaven. All of my life I have known her personally and now I no longer can speak directly with her. Love you ma and miss you dearly.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Kinda down at the moment, yesterday my mother went to her new home, she can now be reached in heaven. All of my life I have known her personally and now I no longer can speak directly with her. Love you ma and miss you dearly.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Well, what has happened since my last update? Finally got some track days logged this year. Cracked my front lip and broke drivers side headlamp cover.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well, what has happened since my last update? Finally got some track days logged this year. Cracked my front lip and broke drivers side headlamp cover.

How did you do that?

How did you do that?

Split the lip when I spun out into the grass at a track day. Broke the Australian headlamp cover preparing for another track day being lazy trying to remove debris. The summer of breakage. Now I'm part of the ziptie crew. I temporarily ziptied the lip.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Smart man. Zip ties work wonders.

Wow time has passed. Did not realize it has been so long since I posted here. Lots of life issues, lots of life issues. Lucille is still around, just not driven as much due to the life issues. Hope to visit more.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
Car looks great, hope you bring it back on here. Also hope everything works out for you.