GD Lucille - Got2Boostit2's other woman 2004.7 STi WRB Track Monster

Dropped car off for some serious detailing. In the building:

$80k Modded Jeep
Bmw M5
Convertible Lamborghini
Porsche 911 GT 3
Ferrari
Two Gt350's
Five Ford GT's one that had been shipped to LeMans, driven there and shipped back.
A Widebody GT
Custom Harley Davidson
Custom BMW motorcycle
Most of the vehicles there were part of one or two peoples collection. Extremely nice mancave and collection I might add.

And then there was Lucille, she will never be the same upon return, being around all those high $$$$$$$$ cars. LoL

On another note, winter prep will be so I can attempt to run with Global Time Attack and Gridlife next year. Need tires and several other things. Have most of my safety gear so that is covered. Needs never stop, lol.

Also, don't know if I mentioned it, did get a 2005 92X out of PA with engine noise, got the engine pulled in August and found #4 rod knocking. Decided in the interest of time that I would order a JDM205 for it. That came 2 days after ordering it, then I got sidetracked. Plan is to get back on that project next week and get the engine dropped in the car so I can start it and shake it down before it gets cold.

Picked this up as a project back in the summer. Has number 4 rod knock 100k miles 2005 Aero.

JDM205 dropped in this week, hope to have started soon. Just completed my Punch list for completion.

Old knocking engine versus new to me JDM.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice catch!

Picked this up as a project back in the summer. Has number 4 rod knock 100k miles 2005 Aero.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/dousolo2/Saabaru/SAM_1028_zpstannb0x9.jpg

JDM205 dropped in this week, hope to have started soon. Just completed my Punch list for completion.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/dousolo2/Saabaru/20161210_163819_zps7rmsis1o.jpg

Old knocking engine versus new to me JDM.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/dousolo2/Saabaru/SAM_1084_zps73x54ng0.jpg

Nice,

whats on the punch list for completion? Wish we could have check box items for forums so you can keep track of stuff like this in your personal forums.

Nice,

whats on the punch list for completion? Wish we could have check box items for forums so you can keep track of stuff like this in your personal forums.

Most of my stuff is related to reminding myself of things to check and do. If ya really want to see it I'll copy/paste here later. Turned out there was something they called oil left in it (smelled really bad and black) I changed filter and gave up one of my precious A100 black filters. Thought I was going to get back over there yesterday to work on it. Ended up at lunch with old coworkers then popped off 170 or so rounds at the range and blew the rest of my available time looking at it and thinking about how I didn't want to work the remaining two hours on it. Went and had a libation and came home.

Debating on whether to swap the intakes or not. Still have to get with the local AVCS guru with the terminal tools to wire up AVCS - recheck the JDM Racing webpage for anymore tips as this is my first JDM swap and go from there.

Most of my stuff is related to reminding myself of things to check and do. If ya really want to see it I'll copy/paste here later. Turned out there was something they called oil left in it (smelled really bad and black) I changed filter and gave up one of my precious A100 black filters. Thought I was going to get back over there yesterday to work on it. Ended up at lunch with old coworkers then popped off 170 or so rounds at the range and blew the rest of my available time looking at it and thinking about how I didn't want to work the remaining two hours on it. Went and had a libation and came home.

Debating on whether to swap the intakes or not. Still have to get with the local AVCS guru with the terminal tools to wire up AVCS - recheck the JDM Racing webpage for anymore tips as this is my first JDM swap and go from there.

Wow, how time flies.

Got everything buttoned up and the SAVCS rewired on the Saabaru. Topped off everything, checked and rechecked my To Do list then went about solving little issues. One was the routing of one of the heater core pipes. Routed on this engine right under the throttle body and intercooler. So the intercooler to turbo plastic pipe interfered with the heater pipe. Solved that by getting silicone Mishimoto kit. After that got in and cranked to see if it would start. It did but the SES light was on and idle was rough and fluctuating. Not happy, pulled out my DTC reader (Sears Special) and discovered I could read the code, but no engine data.

Had three codes one for Idle Control and two for no power to TGV's. Well hell, why TGV's if a JDM 205 is not supposed to be equipped? Looked and sure enough TGV motors and sensors are present on this motor! Well we stole TGV power for SAVCS power! I had a headache and needed to talk to someone, so called it a night.

After research and buying Tactrix to see if I could read ECU data I gave it another shot, but before doing so I swapped the ISC motor off the old engine as I knew it operated correctly. Topped off the coolant after changing and fired her up, idle issue solved! High fives to the air (working by myself) and a lot of cursing in a positive manner. Let her run for 15 minutes or so at idle and none of the symptoms exhibited with the bad ISC motor returned.

So Monday I transfer title, obtain tags and drive her. I'll figure out the TGV issue (get someone to turn it off) later. Kinda looking forward to it and snow since I've never run Subaru/Saabaru AWD in the snow. Plan is to have a little fun while determining what else is needed on the Saabaru.

As far as Lucille (the STi) struggling with myself about whether to get a rollbar welded into her. Plan is in place to run GridLife events and I must have my harness. They don't allow harness bars, so I'll have to come up with a remedy.

:banana: :banana: :banana:
:driving:

But damn, how did I miss that cracked upper radiator tank?

Went about 6 blocks after adding some fresh petrol.

Ordered a replacement aftermarket radiator. So should have that installed Wednesday evening. Felt good to be behind the wheel even if it snowed 4 inches last night.

Well got the radiator in the Saaburu replaced and found out that this engine does have TGV's and since we used them to power the SAVCS they have no power and the plates are closed acting as restrictors. So the car sits on a hoist waiting for me to have time to do a TGV delete. Such is life, eh?

Darn, have not been around in a while. Got the Saabaru up and running, boosting, not leaking and Sold/Sold/Sold back in September '17. Left me with a hangover and desire to find another one from the South or West and do a 6speed/JDM 207 swap. Still looking and working on a domestic history project. Really want to Flex-fuel my car and might just take two weeks to see if I can get it ready for the tuner. We will see.

I did get to see this beast run:

go6zpqk.jpg

go6zpqk

Car has been wrecked and repaired since my last update. June 14, 2019 after the great weekend at Gridlife Midwest I went to a HPDE with 3 Balls Racing and in the afternoon session hit the marbles which sucked me into the tire wall. Damaging the drivers side. Look up Got2boostit2 on Instagram for images. I forgot you need an image host here. Buddy driving Lucille at Gridlife Midwest 2019
xdb7Umm.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yikes.

Glad it's back in fine form!

Was the experience terrifying, mildly disturbing, or somehow thrilling?

I've had a few offs, but never hit anything, so trying to wrap my head around the emotions before and after the impact.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Damn man!

Glad to hear it wasn't any worse than that.

Hope you had an extra pair of pants too! :lol:

Wasn't bad in car. I had Harry's lap timer with video running but fat fingered selfie view so it recorded me. You can't tell I had a incident until I start swearing. Data shows I hit at 56mph, nose in, tail in then spun me around facing wrong way on track. No physical injuries at all.

Yikes.

Glad it's back in fine form!

Was the experience terrifying, mildly disturbing, or somehow thrilling?

I've had a few offs, but never hit anything, so trying to wrap my head around the emotions before and after the impact.
Kinda just numb, no feelings whatsoever, I had been rolling dice at the track since 2006 with no real incidents. Law of averages caught up with me. I was pissed more then anything because I probably had well over 200 laps at that track over the years. Did something I was taught not to and that was the result. Happy I had the resources to restore it, but now looking for something to cage and add proper harnesses and be able to use Hans.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Car has been wrecked and repaired since my last update. June 14, 2019 after the great weekend at Gridlife Midwest I went to a HPDE with 3 Balls Racing and in the afternoon session hit the marbles which sucked me into the tire wall. Damaging the drivers side. Look up Got2boostit2 on Instagram for images. I forgot you need an image host here. Buddy driving Lucille at Gridlife Midwest 2019
xdb7Umm.jpg
We love this photo, and it made the front of the new site. - ;)

God bless,
igotasti

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome back to IGOTASTI!

Looks like you've been through the thick and thin, but you're still here! (y)