GD Lucille - Got2Boostit2's other woman 2004.7 STi WRB Track Monster

Well may as well start a journal here on "Lucille".

Purchased her in June 2003 brand new in Ohio. Drove her back to Michigan in the rain (of all days delivery day the sky pissed on her all the way back to Michigan). She stayed stock all of about 3 months then the modding began. I'm a handling junkie so most of the changes have been suspension related.

Pictures to come shortly.

Improvement list:

Brakes

Brake fluid (ATE blue or Motul 600)
Ferodo 2500 brake pads
Perfomance Friction PFC-01 Frt brake pads
SS Brake lines
Cusco Master Cyl Brace
TIC Titanium Brake Shims
RCE Brake Cooling Ducts(on spindles-still need to plumb ductwork)

Drivetrain

ACPT Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
Grp-N Trans mount

Engine

Stock VF39
Aluminum Battery Bracket-Paradigm Performance
PC680 Oddysey Battery
Carbon Fiber Intercooler screen
Carbon Fiber Fuse & Alternator Cover
Carbign Craft radiator shroud
Walbro Fuel pump
Grimmspeed Phenolic Intake Gaskets
K&N Typhoon w/oversize filter
NGK Iridium 1 Step Colder Spark Plugs
Ported Throttle Body
Stock Ported Header
Lightweight Pulley Autospeed
TGV Delete Paradigm Performance
Killer B Oil pickup
Crawford AO Seperator(updated V2 April 10)
Process West Oil cooler
Grp N Engine mounts

Exhaust

Turbo back exhaust (helix downpipe-Invidia G200 N1 Street catback)

Exterior

Car Cover Covercraft
Aluminum fender braces
Autospeed Blk Sti frt plate Delete
Hella horns
Hood Struts Tein
Frt Lip Carbon Fiber
Blue wheel opening mld (2)
JDM Frt Bumper beam (used)
New Rear bumper cover '07 style

Interior

Auto intercooler spray switch
Defi Gauges (used) Oil temp, Oil pressure, Boost
Triple Defi gauge pod
Defi Gauge (new) Exhaust Temp
AEM A/F gauge (new)
Defi coolant temp gauge (new)
3 gauge A pillar pod
Sti Black Flr mat(2)
Harness bar Sparco
5 Point Harness(2) Sparco
Homelink IRV mirror
JDM Emerg Flasher
Sti sill plates
Window Tint
Autospeed dead pedal
Trailer hitch (sold Feb 10)
Carlabs X-Brace
Suede Strg Whl

Misc

Battery Tender Battery Charger
Sti Black Cluster clock (home office)
Subaru gear, STi Computer bag, hats, shirts, etc
Various STi model cars
Speed rings
DL1- Data Logger
Chasecam w/ two bullet cameras split screen processor

Suspension

Camber plates Racecomp NL with stock struts and RCE Bronze/Yellow Springs (on shelf for b/u)
Frt/rr strut bars ebay(removed-sold Sept- '09)
Kart boy rear endlinks
Powdercoat Strano bar (never installed-sold '06)
TIC Rear Bushings (7-7-10) with lock bolt (not installed as yet)
Whiteline 22/24 FSB (removed sold '06)
Whiteline 27/29mm FSB
Whiteline frt sperical endlinks
Whiteline frt steering bushing
Hardened Frt Lwr Control Arm Bushing
Whiteline RSB 22/24
07 Struts, hubs, rotors, converted to 5x114.3 hubs (July '09)
RCE T2 Coilovers w/Vorshlag Camber Plates (used)(July '10)
RCE Bump Stops (in frt stock '07 struts)
Whiteline Adj lateral links, boxed trailing arms(boxed rear installed 7-7-10)
TIC lateral link bushings
TIC rear trailing link bushings

Transmission

Cobb short shifter
Kart boy frt bushing
Kart boy rear stay
TIC pivot bushing
Sti Titanium shift knob (round)

Tuning
Cobb AP V1
Protuned to 271 whp / 411 wtq by
Doug from Topspeed @ Pure Tuning Toledo

Wheel/Tire

Azenis(4) mount/bal (removed sold June '09)
(4) Enkei 17 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 RPF1 Silver 40 offset
Enkei 17 x 8.5 5 x 114.3 RPF1 Silver (New) (that's right two sets of RPF-1's)
Bridgestone RE01R P245/40/17
Hub rings (Z1-new)
Nitto NT-01 (used 245/45/17) - Gold BBS 17 x 8.5
Nitto NT-01 new 255/40/17

* Items in Red are awaiting install or change

Last edited:
DSC00023.jpg

DSC00069-1.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Some images from the swap to RCE T2's from stock struts with RCE Bronze/yellows.

Last edited:

Undecisive

I can't wait to see pictures, and are your tune numbers correct?? 271whp / 411wtq? 411 is a little steep for the VF39 isn't it. I'm guessing you meant 311?

Nope, numbers are what is posted. Mustang dyno, Doug Wilks tune (Topspeed). A number of drivers have been behind the wheel and will attest to the torque the stock turbo puts out. Dyno sheet is posted somewhere. If not, I'll pull it and scan it again. It has it in about the 2800-3300 rpm range, then falls off considerably. Pulls like a rapped ape out of the corners.

Dang, been a while. Since July car has been through a number of changes. Now has Q-rack and a few other goodies. Will post pictures later.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can't wait to see.

Some interior bling:

DSC01089.jpg

Baseline weigh in before winter weight reduction:

DSC01047edited.jpg

Q installed:

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

Beatrush bling:

DSC00863.jpg

JDM Power steering cooler
DSC00848.jpg

JDM with Process West

DSC00832.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very very nice. I like it.

So Lucille has had a few parts build up this winter. Oswald front brace, new Spearco tm intercooler, so work commences after April 16th to get those parts installed as well as try out the TIC lateral link bushings in the stock aluminum links prior to switching over to the Whiteline adjustable lateral links. So good stuff planned. Really want to sneak out to a track day and may do so with street tires once I determine when Waterford has some open track days in late April. Really want to feel that Q-rack on a dry track, last fall at the wet Mid ohio event only left me wanting more, more, more!

DSC01265.jpg

Last edited:
So picked up a shortblock as the price was right to start a little engine project for Lucille. Most likely won't be completed until next summer but kinda excited to have a "bullet" to start playing with right now. Darton sleeves or not is the question. lOl

DSC01488-1.jpg

Last edited:
So here comes the whine...... had a great week last week and even greater weekend. On a real high as I attended the Mathew Noble Marker birthday tribute attempt to break a world record for longest Subara parade. It appears to have happened will wait for the folks at Gunniess to validate. Saw ton's of Subaru owners, drove Tunnel of the trees and went up to Mackinaw to view the bridge. Had a super aggressive and fast drive home.

So this afternoon I go to move the car, take someone for a ride, let my brother drive the car. Well I noticed at the end of giving my passenger a ride this woosh noise and the sound of an exhaust leak. 900 or so miles ago, last week I installed a new to me used uppipe and a Grimmspeed stock ported header with midpipe. I'm hoping the midpipe gaskets (non oem) are the only thing blown. I really, really hate when I install something correctly and it fails to perform or function properly causing me to have to redo the job. Rant over, won't know til later in the week the exact root cause but issue tries to steal my joy. Also, really glad it didn't happen on the road last night.

And Grimmspeed V1 midpipe gasket blowout ConFirMeD! 1 1/2" section. Ordering OEM gaskets Wednesday morning!

Woot, happy nothing else!

What is the S&R closed deck? (I'll search in a minute) Closed deck block or process?

Nevermind, looked at it. Don't have dead presidents like that. Lol. This will be a low budget build once it starts. And have decided that sleeves/closed deck is not in the cars. Mild build it will be for sure.

Last edited:
So June 12, 2013 marks 10 years of ownership. So I'm planning some type of activity each month from May through October. Be it a road trip with some exotic cars, to the first ever Michigan Mile, to WBM, to a couple of track days, to Tail of the Dragon to being featured in t3h_claps blog. 10 years I've had this car as original owner.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So June 12, 2013 marks 10 years of ownership. So I'm planning some type of activity each month from May through October. Be it a road trip with some exotic cars, to the first ever Michigan Mile, to WBM, to a couple of track days, to Tail of the Dragon to being featured in t3h_claps blog. 10 years I've had this car as original owner.

I can't say I have ever kept a car for that long... The closest I ever came was the STi, but alas I have even moved on from that. I have been looking to get to Tail of The Dragon for some time. I just know my car will love it. And so will I :D

Thinking about doing the Optima Challenge event at Gingerman as well. Just to add some rice to the Pro Touring scene and to say I did it. Have to see how things play out. But really must do Tail of the Dragon.