OT: Neutralization of Firearms and Technological Weapons Discussion

Z1107

Alexander's empire was over as soon as he died divided up between his generals
Julius Ceasar did not create an empire just took over a republic that was already huge
Hadrian inherited an empire
Cortes and Pizarro were not rulers, just generals of an existing empire.
Napolean lasted what, 15-20 years.

Ptolemy, one of Alexanders generals, created the Ptolemic dynasty in Egypt which started around 300-250 BC and lasted to 50 BC when the Romans took over under Octavius.

Vermont

Alexander's empire was over as soon as he died divided up between his generals
Julius Ceasar did not create an empire just took over a republic that was already huge
Hadrian inherited an empire
Cortes and Pizarro were not rulers, just generals of an existing empire.
Napolean lasted what, 15-20 years.

Ptolemy, one of Alexanders generals, created the Ptolemic dynasty in Egypt which started around 300-250 BC and lasted to 50 BC when the Romans took over under Octavius.

He did not divide up the empire. He died (suspected poison), soon after his generals then took their respective armies and carved up chunks of his empire. Each general claimed to be the heir to the empire while none were able to claim enough of it to truly be the heir to Alexander.

I'm still waiting on an example of someone who took power and built a great nation because he was good with hand to hand combat and lived in a country with a massive population.....

Gilgamesh? Arthur? So what your saying is you want the best fighter and swords man as well as the best general. O and by the way he had to live in an area with a large population?

Fine Genghis Khan.......... Took power though Superior force of arms in his tribe. Then united the rest of the tribes under banner. He then proceeded to rape pillage and conquer a large portion of Eurasia.....:tard:

You guys are all missing the point completely. Population has little to do with who takes power. The majority of emperors, kings, rulers, etc took control of areas with far greater populations than their home territory. Just because China ans India has a massive population doesn't mean they could conquer the world. Their massive population lacks the unity, education, and living standards needed for a country to rise up and set their targets on nations thousands of miles away. They would be plagued with civil wars and wars with neighbors because they can barely even run their country as it is.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You guys are all missing the point completely. Population has little to do with who takes power. The majority of emperors, kings, rulers, etc took control of areas with far greater populations than their home territory. Just because China ans India has a massive population doesn't mean they could conquer the world. Their massive population lacks the unity, education, and living standards needed for a country to rise up and set their targets on nations thousands of miles away. They would be plagued with civil wars and wars with neighbors because they can barely even run their country as it is.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to agree with Jared. I have been following this thread and thought this would be a good time to post here. Here is a good example of what he means in my own words. We here are a super close knit family here and have great team players and people thought IGOTASTi.com would fail cause of places like IW and NASIOC. Well we are invading them and taking over the Subaru world and now EVO world. While them small minded people look at one picture I look at them all. We will rule the world as a unstoppable team! :)

Im just tired of fighting in wars....

War's are inevitable. :(

But... I'm tired of wars over stupid shit, fucked up rules of engagement, caring about the well being of other countries as a priority, and dedicating American lives, money, and resources to help "build" nations.

That's all I'm going to say without making this thread political.

Back to fighting wars with fists...

Or fisting wars. :D

Vermont

War's are inevitable. :(

But... I'm tired of wars over stupid shit, fucked up rules of engagement, caring about the well being of other countries as a priority, and dedicating American lives, money, and resources to help "build" nations.

That's all I'm going to say without making this thread political.

Back to fighting wars with fists...

Or fisting wars. :D

:tup: ...........

You just posted that too make all of us nut cases love you moar......

Z1107

dont lay your head down too hard! Ive got a short barrel pistol grip shotgun (no stock) sitting under my bed. Im nice though, the first round is a bean bag round, the rest are slugs.

Vermont

dont lay your head down too hard! Ive got a short barrel pistol grip shotgun (no stock) sitting under my bed. Im nice though, the first round is a bean bag round, the rest are slugs.

Glock 19 here..... 15 rounds of hydro shock...... Next one is going to be a AR-15 type weapon.... Gonna have a mag of green tips then black tips in alternating order in the mag....

Z1107

My Glock 23 is in a hidden lockbox built into the side of my nightstand. Loaded with black talons from my LE days.

Vermont

My Glock 23 is in a hidden lockbox built into the side of my nightstand. Loaded with black talons from my LE days.

Bad ass man. I just watched a few videos of that ammo in action. Would not want to try and remove that round from a wound....

I am looking around still for some steel or brass core 9mm for anti-armor but so far no luck.

Z1107

Contrary to common belief they didn't stop making black talons, they just renamed them. When our dept. Ran out we started using the new ammo which I have a little of it too. I can't remember if it was gold speer or blazer. It was a little toned down from the talon but just as effective. I'll have to go through my gun locker and ammo box to figure out which one it was.

Undecisive

glock 32 here with a mag of hornady XTPs and a mag of .357 magnum :)

Fuji, you haveo a sword hidden under your pillow don't lie to everyone.

But back on topic!

You dont need to have a population that is educated to win a war. You just need educated leadership. Grunts just need to fight and follow orders. As for china, they all know kung fu, by the time we get close enough to do a BJJ takedown our heads have already been cut off!

Z1107

Not all Chinese know Kung Fu. I think the locals in my area could be turned into a mercenary force of longbow men and crossbowmen. Every one here ones one an knows how to use them.

Vermont

You dont need to have a population that is educated to win a war. You just need educated leadership. Grunts just need to fight and follow orders. As for china, they all know kung fu, by the time we get close enough to do a BJJ takedown our heads have already been cut off!

I beg to disagree. Look at the historic trend in warfare. I better educated soldier is more easily trained to a higher level. Also the moral level of well trained educated soldiers in second to none. Look at a historic example of this. The ruling class of warrior elite, The knights. Were not only better armed but also better trained and educated. This allowed them to dominate their peasant subjects both one and off the battle field. 12th-14th century Eastern Europe. The Teutonic order held control over Prussia, under a charter granted to them by the Holy Roman emperor and the Pope. When in 1291 they began to direct their campaigns into pagan Lithuania they were mostly successful over their pagan rivals. This was not due to any great superiority in equipment or numbers (inn fact more often than not they were out numbered). This was due to Superior training and moral. Teutonic brothers and even the foot soldiers were know to never retreat. Up until 1410 at the Battle of Grunwald, the Order had an aura of invincibility due to their prowess on and off the field of battle.....

Z1107

I beg to disagree. Look at the historic trend in warfare. I better educated soldier is more easily trained to a higher level. Also the moral level of well trained educated soldiers in second to none. Look at a historic example of this. The ruling class of warrior elite, The knights. Were not only better armed but also better trained and educated. This allowed them to dominate their peasant subjects both one and off the battle field. 12th-14th century Eastern Europe. The Teutonic order held control over Prussia, under a charter granted to them by the Holy Roman emperor and the Pope. When in 1291 they began to direct their campaigns into pagan Lithuania they were mostly successful over their pagan rivals. This was not due to any great superiority in equipment or numbers (inn fact more often than not they were out numbered). This was due to Superior training and moral. Teutonic brothers and even the foot soldiers were know to never retreat. Up until 1410 at the Battle of Grunwald, the Order had an aura of invincibility due to their prowess on and off the field of battle.....

yeah, they found out they werent invincible to falling through ice and drowning. apparently they werent that bright, who the hell charges across a frozen lake?:tard:

Z1107

There are good examples for both points, the samurai are a good example of vermont's point, and the Scots at Bannockburn Undecisive.

bugeye_fever

I sleep with a pillow under my gun.. just saying, lol.
Bad ass man. I just watched a few videos of that ammo in action. Would not want to try and remove that round from a wound....

I am looking around still for some steel or brass core 9mm for anti-armor but so far no luck.

You may want to look somewhere besides 9mm for anti-armor, hehe.

I feel that religion and war will always be tied. Seems like most of the world stopped fighting for lands quite a while ago, and that happens more economically as was said earlier. Seems like most modern and historical wars get fought because 2 people believe different things and aren't smart enough to get along. It'd be nice to think that one day we'll all be tolerant of other's ideas, but it just isn't human nature. At least for your average mofo who is just to selfish to put any thought into something/someone besides himself.