Urgent Help Section?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I know I am new here, but I have been around other forums for quite some time and one thing that always struck me as odd was the lack of some sort of urgent help section. I know there have been times where I am at the track or getting ready to go and could really use help at that very moment. It would have to be monitored to keep simple (non-urgent) things out, and I would be more than willing to do that if no one else would want to. Some other forums seem to be centered on drama and knocking others down, I love how helpful and open this one is and it just seems like one more way for members to help other members.

Just a thought, not going to take it to heart if it is shot down or has been investigated before. Thanks guys!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I don't know how I missed this. Love the idea. Tell me a little more.

ZachTTLM

This is a good idea. Things to watch is to make sure the right info is being posted because if someone needs help right now on something and a reply gets posted fast and they take that advice and it is wrong then it creates problems. I am not saying the guys here would do that but stranger things have happened...But if it was monitored I would say this would really be helpful.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The only thing is that we monitor all the technical threads in this manor already. At least I do. And I don't think a response would be given any faster than if you were to just post your question in the technical threads. It would kinda be redundant. But it is a good selling feature of the sight in any case. Hear are my ideas...

Option one: Post your thread in the technical section and just put "Urgent" in the title of your thread and it will receive immediate response.

Option two: Go ahead and create the "Urgent Help" Section and make it available only to premium members and continue to monitor like we do... If some one is not available to answer the question immediately then one of the elite members or a sight admin can physically call or text another elite member to join the thread and help out.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I like option # 2!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Option 2 is great but we have a significant number of moderators who seem to have gone awol.

There around just busy. As we get busier I will add more.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Option 2 is great but we have a significant number of moderators who seem to have gone awol.

Anyone should be able to comment as long as they know the answers to the OP's dilemma. :tup: I think we can make it a community effort

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Anyone should be able to comment as long as they know the answers to the OP's dilemma. :tup: I think we can make it a community effort

I agree. There should be some rules that apply also. Holy your good at this. Can you create it for us and I will create it once your done?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would be happy to... do you want me to post the rules here first or can you make the forum and I will post the rules there.

I think it should be either a sub forum with in the Subscribed Members forum or the General forum or it's own forum in the technical section. Its up to you!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What do you think is best?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
OH I don't know... Where ever the community would expect to see it... I would want it to have exposure so people can get to it right away and they don't have to thumble their way through the site to find it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How about under noob section? Most see the introduction forum cause of the banner for premium membership in that forum. It catches your eye.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well if it is only for subscribed members the chance of a newb being a subscribed member right away are less likely

Vermont

Hey JJ i just wanted too add my two cent to this real quick if ya don't mind.

I was thinking that it would be an awesome way to get and keep members if we offered a section like that for the free members. A lot of people only stop by a forum to get help real quick then go back to what ever they were doing before. I think a free help section would be a great way to pull in people who only stop by for help then stay for longer once they see how awesome the site is. It would at the very least increase traffic too the site and increase exposure.

I am by no means as knowledgeable as fuji, rek, or holy, but I am on and off this page all the time since I am an unemployed college student now. I would be able to monitor it rather often and help any one out with what ever I could.

Also I will be going premium next week when I get my money in man. Least I can do for the site.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hey JJ i just wanted too add my two cent to this real quick if ya don't mind.

I was thinking that it would be an awesome way to get and keep members if we offered a section like that for the free members. A lot of people only stop by a forum to get help real quick then go back to what ever they were doing before. I think a free help section would be a great way to pull in people who only stop by for help then stay for longer once they see how awesome the site is. It would at the very least increase traffic too the site and increase exposure.

I am by no means as knowledgeable as fuji, rek, or holy, but I am on and off this page all the time since I am an unemployed college student now. I would be able to monitor it rather often and help any one out with what ever I could.

Also I will be going premium next week when I get my money in man. Least I can do for the site.

I agree with you to be honest. We will build a great database of answers and questions, and if we help people out they will wanna stay once they see what kind of community we run. Great idea. Holy what you think?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds good... This is their idea and I would want it to suit their needs. Where ever they want to see the thread is good to me and free to all members works also

My only stipulation is that it be used for real urgent questions only. All of the regular one offs should be in there appropriate section