Frankenstein's Creation, brought to you by Hawkeye ; )

Eagleye

Tinkerer

Thanks, I did. Hopefully he has something. I messaged a place out west that has one online for sale for $130 with a warranty. So we'll see if i get a response from that as well. Hopefully something will work out quickly.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Have you concidered replacing that oil line with a stainless line? I was going to do that before the engine took a shit on me but I never got around to it.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
That would be ideal, but unfortunately I just have to go with this for now, so hopefully no issues for a while. This summer I may tear back into it when it gets a front mount.
I just ordered a power steering pump. Thankfully I didnt have to buy new, but I will have to wait 3-6 days...fuk me

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Bringing back this build thread from the dead to say...

Sorry for being one of this forums biggest pains in the ass back in 2011/2012. For those who don?t know, I sadly sold the Hawkeye to pay for college not long after getting all the gremlins fixed. It was a fun and nerve racking journey. 6 years later and I am back and will be starting a new journal for my soon to be delivered 2015 galaxy blue STi limited. I?ve grown up a lot and hope to contribute and enjoy this forum again. Thanks to all those who helped in the past, especially George.

/end thread

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Bringing back this build thread from the dead to say...

Sorry for being one of this forums biggest pains in the ass back in 2011/2012. For those who don?t know, I sadly sold the Hawkeye to pay for college not long after getting all the gremlins fixed. It was a fun and nerve racking journey. 6 years later and I am back and will be starting a new journal for my soon to be delivered 2015 galaxy blue STi limited. I?ve grown up a lot and hope to contribute and enjoy this forum again. Thanks to all those who helped in the past, especially George.

/end thread
Welcome back friend.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Re: Hawkeye's 06 STI Rebuild

Oh, shit! I joined up right after you left in 2012. Crazy how 6 years has already passed! Didn't know that you purchased Bob back in the day! :tup:

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Re: Hawkeye's 06 STI Rebuild

Oh, shit! I joined up right after you left in 2012. Crazy how 6 years has already passed! Didn't know that you purchased Bob back in the day! :tup:

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was fresh out of college with little money and George really helped me through a lot of issues I had getting the car back to a good place (I was always being a pain in the ass back then, any little thing I heard I thought the car was blowing up, and panicking about it, etc etc)

Once it was running well, I listed it and sold it to pay off some of my college tuition. I tried to find the car recently but couldn't. So now I'm going to be back in an STi as of this weekend with a new to me 15 limited.