Perrin Drop In Air Filter

Z1107

My Perrin filter came in a sealed bag pre-oiled ready for install. Install took 2 minutes, duh its a drop in air filter.:tard:. During my test drive there was noticeable improvement in throttle response. The only flaw I see with it is that it is a wet filter (oiled) which means that I will have to clean my MAF sensor more than I would with a dry filter, but just from my 30 minute drive I feel it is worth it.

bugeye_fever

Cool man, you know I don't think I believe the hype on wet filters. I think if they're serviced correctly there isn't anything to worry about. My car has had a KNN drop in since the day I bought it. Car had 25k on it. I pulled it and used the KNN kit to clean/reoil it at 60k. Now at 73k I've never had a problem.

Z1107

Check your MAF sensor and wipe a shop towel across the sensor, it will have oil on it. My roommate and I just did a normal wear and tear tune up on his Cobra, he uses a K&N Typhoon short ram intake, when I pulled the MAF sensor it was covered in oil. Cleaned it up car runs so much better now. Im not saying they are a bad thing just saying it adds another step to normal maintanence.

Z1107

So after a week with the Perrin filter, Im in love with whats its done to my car. Very noticeable improvement in response and slight one with fuel mileage. Since the temps dropped down to the high 30s low 40s at night here I put the stock in to get a good control test, then reinstalled the Perrin... Night & Day difference.