Straight Pipes

Z1107

For most people their first upgrade is typically exhaust and alot of people for some reason love LOUD. Let me start with this, within one month of getting my car my cat went out in my downpipe and my exhaust and I was low on cash at the time so I had my friend make custom 3" straight pipes for my car. Without any type of can or muffler these things are loud. My friend could not hear his own Borla exhaust in his Saleen when he was driving behind me. On my next paycheck I picked up an HKS can which muffled the sound alot but it was still really loud, with the silencer in the can it is significantly quiter and moderately loud. So I thought I would put this up so when noobs are thinking about straight pipes they can read this first before they make their decision. On a side note I will be buying a Megan exhaust soon.

Z1107

w/o the can it sounded great but like it belonged on a track. Couldnt live with it very long. With the can and silencer its alot more quiet but raspy. Cant wait to get my megan exhaust.

aaron

i wrecked mine and bent the exhaust but i have hardly any money for a new cat back so im thinking of straight piping mine. with it mess with the motor? i heard stories of the compression going down but i wasnt sure