UTEC

SleepyBear

anyone on here have a utec piggyback system or an expert at this system? i have one and have a couple questions about it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to agree. You would do better to simply go open source. You will have total and complete control over what your ECU is doing and just about every tuner in the country uses it.

The piggybacks fool the ECU and the stability of the tune is in question. Nothing beats the logic of the stock ECU and open source is the most widely used and cheapest method. It takes next to nothing to learn everything you need to know when getting started.

What are your questions anyway... Shoot!

SleepyBear

only reason i bought the UTEC b/c thats what All Aspects tunes for. anyways at around 3000rpm there is a stutter. i was told this is due to the stock ecu controlling from 3000rpms and below and once you get to 3000 thats when the utec kicks in and takes over? how do you datalog on a utec? Another thing is i only made 354whp with a Dom3 and was told i couldn't make anymore power. i believe this is b/c of the stock MAF? i used to have a ksteck intake so see no reason why All Aspects wouldnt have just used that instead??? Also when i go open source do i need to have a rear o2 sensor installed?

SleepyBear

Well, save your money up so you can get a real tune done on her. What all you need at this point really isnt that bad.

rear o2 sensor and a BIG Maf and should be good to go. is the maf in my car now stock? what size maf should i get for the Dom3?