Chatbox!!!

SamIam

I love the idea and have always thought forums needed instant messaging. I'm not sure if there's a simple option to integrate one though. I'll look into it with JJ.

Sweet!!! There is a subie forum that has one. Having it has made it easy to have quick questions answered fast, have meet reminders posted, and specials advertised by vendors..

But yes, I agree that there is no easy way or affordable way without having advertisements blasted all over the forum...

SamIam

^^^^oh definitely!! This would be mainly for those that would need an answer ASAP n I hope they would follow up after with posting the solution.. :D

spyder8213

I was actually going to suggest the same idea when I got up this morning. Also, we need a way to limit the access guests have to the forums. I check to see who is online whenever I am and the guest to member ratio is horrendous. Maybe they can only see the first 3-5 posts of a thread. I understand trolling to see if a site is worth joining, but we need a way to get people to want to join. I have seen other sites use this and it really bolsters active users.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I have already looked into the chat programs awhile back. To do it right it cost anywhere from $250 to $500 to have a good strong program that has features. If we added a chat box it would be for premium members only. It takes money to keep the forum running smoothly. We are always updating, and making changes to keep us fresh and we hardly ever go off line. Great idea! Would you become a premium member to use the feature of chat?

As for people tolling the site. I think shutting that down will bring in the wrong people. We have such a big following on Facebook that's where most of the people check us out. I don't want nut sacks to join and try to ruin what we got cause they will be banned. People know that everyone is equal and we respect each other here. I don't wanna hide that. I will not hide our light. Let the world see we are not like the rest. :)

Vermont

I have already looked into the chat programs awhile back. To do it right it cost anywhere from $250 to $500 to have a good strong program that has features. If we added a chat box it would be for premium members only. It takes money to keep the forum running smoothly. We are always updating, and making changes to keep us fresh and we hardly ever go off line. Great idea! Would you become a premium member to use the feature of chat?

As for people tolling the site. I think shutting that down will bring in the wrong people. We have such a big following on Facebook that's where most of the people check us out. I don't want nut sacks to join and try to ruin what we got cause they will be banned. People know that everyone is equal and we respect each other here. I don't wanna hide that. I will not hide our light. Let the world see we are not like the rest. :)

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

I can't express how much I agree with you there. Having an open chat box would prompt spammers and bots too flood it with junk. A premium only option would be the best idea, it would also increase active traffic and over all participation. It would bond the community a lot more closely. If you have noticed the post whore thread is a single thread of general banter if you added a chat box with different channels much of the same would happen. I know I would keep it running say when ever i would work on the car, i case i ran into a problem.

Lets hold off on the chat box for now. We can add it once we've grown bigger.

For now people can use the PW threads. :tup:

SamIam

U guys have many valid points!!.. :tup:

I'm new to this site and like wut I see! I had just thought Id bring the idea to the table. Normally u can find me on SoCalSubies, which is why I had the idea in mind. But yes, being different is wut seperates the forums from each other.

I like the chat box Idea bcuz it made it easier for me to get to know the rest of the member on a personal n friendly level. At the end of the day, u gotta do wut u feel is best! :D :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You will find out that the team here is very hands on and we listen to each idea. :)