DCCD info and FAQs

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
When the dccd first introduce to STI? Year 2004? Will dccd appear in s202?

It appears in the 2004 sti. I believe it appeared earlier in the 90's in other models. IIRC?
The s202 does not have the dccd.

Ivans203

It appears in the 2004 sti. I believe it appeared earlier in the 90's in other models. IIRC?
The s202 does not have the dccd.
Thank you for the infor, because I a bit confuse with the model, I just bought a second scoobie, I always though it was a s203 spec c ra, however when I checked online for the model code, it appeal to be s202 model code, you may see the following link. Just wonder any places I can verify?
http://ivans203.blogspot.com/

redoctober

hi paul C and member here, im new in subaru impreza sti version 9, saw your dccd threat, it is interesting. may i know what gear oil spec suit our dccd (front transmission), i read some info from net our subaru sti v9 must use gear oil with out friction modifiers (eg. redline 75w90NS) to protect our gearbox brass gear but DCCD have clutch plate that means friction modifiers is needed for it right?(eg. redline 75w90) did subaru extra S is enough for it? pls help thx.

ao4life

DCCD first appeared in the JDM WRX STi Typre RA's and Type R's. I have a 1998 Type R and it has DCCD w/o ABS. During a track day I got to mess with the settings to get the settings right to keep the back end from braking loose. It helped a lot with the cornering. The car wanted to Drift when it was set to open 35/65. I also rebuild my DCCD about 2 weeks ago, the hardest part was getting it out of the transmission. It only took 5 minutes to change out all the friction plates once it was out. Did this all without removing the transmission from the car.