'04 STi Pink Strut Assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nj11

I have for sale a set of '04 STi Pink Strut Assemblies. These include the Struts themselves, the Springs, and the Tophats. Being that they are '04, they are 5x100 which means they will fit WRX's '02-'07 ('02-'03 will require different tophats though as the design is slightly different), the STi (2004 ONLY), and the Foresters ('03-'08).

These were taken off of the car they came from right around 60k. I bought these with the intent to clean them up, re-grease them, and toss them on own Fozzy BUT something else even better became available so I bought those as well and am looking to turn around and sell these. Nothing wrong with them, no leaks or clunking or anything, just a bit dirty and decently rusty since they came from an STi that lived in Wisconsin. The rust looks worse than what it really is though and most of it can be pretty easily cleaned off with a wire brush or a wire wheel.

I'm only looking to get what I paid for these which is $310 but I am open to reasonable offers. If shipping required, it will be at the buyers expense. Also willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet up with buyer if needed.

Pictarz....

DSC01744.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

DSC01746.jpg

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

DSC01749.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Zach user name Z1107 was looking for something like this. Hit him up and tell him JJ sent you. :tup:

k3nj11

Hmm, I don't think I was clear enough (sorry!) but you bring up a valid point.

The spring design is different on the '02-'03 (but changed in '04) so the bottom of the tophat itself is different to accommodate the different springs. If you wanted to use these as is, you should be able to bolt these right up and give it a go as long as your bolted hub pattern is 5x100.

If you wanted to use '02-'03 springs then you would have to have '02-'03 tophats in order for it to work. Either the '02-'03 tophats or the '04-'07 tophats themselves bolt into the car but the bottoms of the '02-'03 tophats would only work with the '02-'03 springs and the bottoms of the '04-'07 tophats would only work with the '04-'07 springs.

Hope this clears any confusion up that I might have caused.

k3nj11

Hmm, I might have been mistaken then. I thought that the spring/tophat design for both the front and rear was skewed for the '02-'03 cars, not just the rears....more reading I shall do!

Either way though, these strut assemblies have everything needed to bolt right up into any of the mentioned 5x100 applications!

k3nj11

Yup, more or less this is exactly what I found out after delving a little more into the matter and re-educating myself again on it all. I had looked it all up a long long time ago for a friend when he was looking to buy some Prodrive springs but he found out they were for the '02-'03 WRX and he has an '06 WRX. He wasn't sure what was needed to make them work or if they even could so I started to look around and see what I could find out about the fitment of it all to see what, if any, differences there were and just like you said, the only concern was going to be the rear tophats as the fronts were all the same. They changed the diameter of the coils of the springs for the rear so the '02-'03 have one style/diameter and the '04-'07 have another style/diameter.

Great info all around and it was nice to have a refresher or sorts on a few things I'd forgotten. Thanks for posting up the info though, these would indeed be an upgrade for anyone with a WRX or Forester and with everything needed there, all you would have to do is pull the old ones out and swap these right in!

k3nj11

As an update of sorts, I will be getting shipping quotes for everyone who has asked for them this Friday as this will be the earliest I will have time.

Thank you for your time and patients.

k3nj11

Struts+Springs+Tophats sold to a local enthusiast from another forum, thanks for everyone who looked or expressed interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.