Teh Gran Turismo 5 thread.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Me Jealous!

06STI360

Im trying to think of a good reason to need to go home mid-shift lol. Nothing is coming to mind though and I don't get off until 9. :cry:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tell them your hands hurt, LMAO!

06STI360

Well I totally forgot about this thread.. what a fail. I have been so busy at work this week(and playing MW2) I have only put maybe 2 hours into this game. But my first impresions, first of all this game is massive, you can download the tracks to your HDD to speed up load times which is cool but the data is 9 GB!!! Took about an hour to download that. The opening video is in one word, EPIC!! Seriously I would have paid 8 bucks to go to a movie theater and watched it :lol:. The main screen is a little cluttered, I liked the home screen of GT4 better. Online play is a little confusing when playing with your buddies but Im getting the hang of it.

Graffics are amazing, simply amazing. Cars look and sound great. The driving physics are spot on, I remember my first lap around Laguna Seca in a Zonda R. I had clipped the apex, given it the beans, slight opposite lock to correct oversteer, when I hit a small bump and was instantly bucked the other way into the trap. I get the feeling that this game doesn't care if you have fun playing it, its a no holds bar driving simulator.

The only thing I wish is that the stability control was adjustable like the traction control and ABS. Its either way to on or WAAY to off. In the race cars though its a must for me right now. One thing I find cool is the brakes don't work for shit until you warm them up, in the race cars they just lock up and you slide into a wall lol. I did change the controls so gas and brake were R2 and L2 since X and square don't give you much room to feather the gas or brakes. I will be putting in some serious time over the next week I think, so I will have a better idea of the actual racing later on.

What do you guys think of it?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
My wife won't give me mine until X-MAS! Ouch that's good hurt me!

06STI360

Damn that sucks! They are having problems with the online play right now anyways since there is so many people trying to play. Hope you have a 120gb playstation haha, mines a 80GB and its almost full now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah I got the first PS3 when it came out so I'm good there! I will have to play you online sometime and show you how to drive your STi, lol!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah that would suck for sure cause then you couldn't see me pass you. :)

06STI360

Maybe ask the wife to give it to you a little early!(The game that is) I really don't feel like waiting a month to school you.

Paul.c

I am having to wait until Christmas also. I am really excited about it. Just trying to decide on a wheel.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Paul I want a wheel and a seat. I wonder if eBay has any good deals on them?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy crap Paul $729.00, that thing better get me off to, LMAO! :rofl:

yamahaSHO

I'm still pimpin' my sweet ass Miata.

The wife works a night shift tonight, so I'll be in my theater playing tonight.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Damm you SHO! Now I'm really pissed, lol!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I might just take you up on that! :thumbsup: