yamahaSHO's WRB build.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You may not see it but you know its there and it's damn sexy!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think an olive green and black engine bay would be teh sickness. Turn thatv thing into the tactical STi, add some tan while you're at it. :tup:

Interesting! A camo engine scheme... I like it. That would go nicely with my Spec Ops stickers

yamahaSHO

Got the turbo in, just to take it back out. It hits in two places; CCV hose on top of block and oil feed AN connetion. The latter was solved by bending the feed line out of the way. I had already purchased the stainless turbo feed line from Blouch, so that's solved.

The CCV issue actually turned out to be good. I forgot I had a Crawford AOS to install and this prompted me to work that install at the same time. Had I installed the turbo first, it may have been extremely difficult to install the hoses afterwards (Not a fan of the included hoses). The real problem is that the 3/4" hose coming off the top is stiff and does not want to move. I purchased some hose online, but will go to the parts store tomorrow to see if they have any suited for oil. I'll extend the CCV lines and hopefully be able to get a light bend out of it to fit the turbo.

Here is what I'm referring to. Warning, iPhone pic... Wife took the Point-and-Shoot and I didn't want to break out the DSLR.

281590_1470784626227_1731960251_748806_2036771_n.jpg

yamahaSHO

Turbo is in... I thought I was planning everything around bolt-on ease, but that hasn't been the case. :)

I went to put on the stock TMIC today and the upper coolant line from the turbo hits the TMIC. Also, the stock elbow from the TMIC-to-turbo is too short. I had planned on upgrading to a Process West, but have noticed the AMR is designed to fit around the coolant line my current IC is hitting (I fired off an e-mail to PW). WG also hits one of the PS lines. I'll figure that out after I prime and test everything working correctly.

As expected, I ripped ths stock inlet... Already had a replacement for that. Will install when I pull the intake for injectors.

Couple pics:

33493074061_large.jpg

33493074062_large.jpg

yamahaSHO

Since the water line on the turbo hits the TMIC and the elbow is now too short, we stopped and got some radiator hose to connect the turbo to the TMIC and didn't fully mount the TMIC. This is just a temp job to check for issues and to be able to move the car. After priming the turbo (disconnected green connector in passenger footwell and cranked quite a few times for 5-8 sec), the car fired right up. After getting it up up to temp, smoke was pouring out, but it was all from the ceramic coatings. I forgot to pickup a donut gasket, so there is an exhaust leak on the DP to MP... I kinda like the sound though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpcy-ZOAPw

yamahaSHO

I am torn between the Process West TMIC and NOW the ETS TMIC. They both seem awesome... Just not enough info for either. Right now, I'm heavily leaning toward the ETS anodized black. Any thoughts?

Also, related to my SHO, I will be replacing my 3 month old DM-5 gauge with the DM-6 when it comes out in October. I'm told it will be $100 and will plug in to my existing setup. Can't wait!

yamahaSHO

I think that's the wider GR core. IIRC, the GD is 450whp. Getting a core big enough is easy. Fitment is a huge seller for me.

yamahaSHO

Got a few new things installed. I'm in the middle of a project on my SHO, so although it runs, it sits waiting for me to install the ID1000 top feed kit.

Go Fast Bit BOV/BPV
33493074088_large.jpg

Invidia EL race headers - They are now SwainTech coated and waiting for TIGWERKS to finish their motor/tranny mount package for install.
33493074089_large.jpg

Because of the larger turbo, I had to reroute my upper turbo coolant line so it would not hit the intercooler. It works out as I could angle it straight to the AOS.

33493074090_large.jpg

Black anodized ETS TMIC and red "STi" paint.

33493074092_large.jpg

33493074093_large.jpg

33493074097_large.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Been awhile since I have seen you around here. I love your TMIC. Did you do that?

yamahaSHO

Yeah, so many forums... I sometimes forget about them all. :) And I see lots of updates from you guys on Facebook.

I did paint the STi myself. I got the stencil from "GraphicSTi" and it worked really well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah, so many forums... I sometimes forget about them all. :) And I see lots of updates from you guys on Facebook.

I did paint the STi myself. I got the stencil from "GraphicSTi" and it worked really well.

Very nice job. I really like it.

yamahaSHO

I suppose I'm a little slow on updates: I've been putting work into both of my toys and these pictures should tell the story. :)

15899465_large.jpg

2827_10151005920638339_1119707951_n.jpg

Buying 10 ID1000's and supporting items gets pricey!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
E85. Nice.

yamahaSHO

You know, I can't say enough about Injector Dynamics. I've installed an tuned 6 set, to include mine, in the last few months, and they're all the same. The fire right up, idle like stock, and are super easy to tune.

I'll have to post some pics of the T1 rail install when I get home.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
When the time comes it'll be either ID or DW for me.

Have you ever tuned injectors other than the ID for a point of comparison?