Random Misfire, possibly fuel related, gathering additional opinions.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Hey everyone, so I posted about this before the crash and never got to see any responses.

Here is my current issue. Whether I get to keep my car or not (things are looking up recently), I do want to get this CEL issue figured out.

Weeks ago I had a CEL for misfire in cylinder 1 (never felt anything and the light stayed on constant, no flashing). Anyway I swapped things around and it didnt move until I swapped injectors. Then it followed to cylinder 3. So i replaced the injector in cylinder 3, now cylinder 4 pops a misfire CEL (and again I feel nothing, car is running great). So I clear the code and it throws cylinder 1 and 4 now...wtf???

I will be replacing the fuel filter and fuel pump because I already planned on doing so. Then I am going to check all of the electrical connections that I can. I would like to say it is simply an injector thing since the issue followed the first time, but now it just seems random with cylinder 1 and 4 and me feeling nothing in the car when it happens.

Also, it only seems to be happening at idle or low rpm cruising.

Any thoughts???

ZachTTLM

See what happens with the fuel pump & filter change. Before when it was only the number 4 I was thinking injector and would suggest changing the injectors around to see if the misfire moved to the cylinder that injector was placed.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
yeah the issue followed on the passanger side so I replcaced that injector and now it popped a code for 4 and then 4 and 1. It had never thrown one for 4 before swapping the injector. Very odd.