Why do you like being a premium member on IGOTASTi.COM?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I want all the premium members to post up and tell people who are not a premium member why they should become one today. Please don't whore up this thread and please only state the truth. I want people to hear from the members that support the community.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:bump:

Z1107

Because racecar!

Seriously... the community is great for information and no degrading responses when asking a question. There is no drama, like one giant, happy, dysfunctional family.

Bang876

Even i just joined less then a day I was greeted right away, felt welcome, people are kind and considerate and actually want to help you out so i figure why not become a premium member. This community might be smaller than that of other sites i have joined but people here are definitely nicer.

Stiyle11sedan

Because for a very little bit of pocket money you will find a completely different caliber of people whom you can ask questions; or even give opinions without being flamed, shun, or even banned because of a particular group or thought process!! Truly a great place to be IMHO!

fallenone121

On Vacation
I came to IGOTASTI after experiencing IWSTI and NASIOC - which I was unimpressed with.

When I joined the other two sites I was welcomed lightly but when I asked for advice on my build I was told on NASIOC that I was too stupid to own a subaru and should trade it for a civic while on IWSTI there was no response at all beyond 'search the forums' which didnt have any of the things I was looking for advice on. Then IWSTI started insulting a female publicly who happened to be a member of the site showing her pictures and talking about how fat she was stating she was barely fuckable. I found that lude and unacceptable but as IWSTI at the time was the best option I knew of I became a premium member for several months but noone would give me any advice or guidance on my build...paying 10$ per month for premium and not getting any benefit from it as the attitudes of the other members grated me...

Then I found IGOTASTI...I joined up and I was pounced...welcomed by a large number of people and was given initial guidance by Gino and Edwin while I tried to work towards my VA acceptance plotting out a plan for a build...wanting to support a drama free environment where females were not treated like sex toys or something in forums (well, Crystal does need to make some sammiches I found out...) and noone has been treated like they were stupid or told they cant understand something if they are willing to listen...

For 45$ I went for a year of sponsorship...which is far better for my wallet than 120$ for a year of sponsorship and I am supporting something I could actually believe in...

And now my plans for my subie which I have been trying to work at since August 2011 are finally going somewhere...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:bump: Please tell us why you like being a premium member.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
^ Thank you for the kinds words and your support. Means a lot to us here.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
This is taken from a post here I did back in Feb. when I sponsored.

Maybe it is a noob post after all.. I finally sponsored the site. Something, I am generally against on forums, due to lack of seeing where the money is really going and what it's providing. I was speaking with JJ about it, and for anyone debating, or on the fence of, doing some level of sponsorship, these are my thoughts on why I did it, to maybe help others who are looking for a good "Why should I?" This is a great group of people, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me understand and gain more knowledge on the ins and outs of what is really a bitch of a car. Picky, fickle, and demanding! Thank you JJ for putting all this together with all of the IGOTA sites!

6:13pm
It's funny. Never been motivated
to pay for forums. the forum extras like the garage, pm's, and avatar don't really do it for me. But you're running a great business, and it has helped me out so much, I wanted to contribute to keeping it going.

187516_1170954246_157394_q.jpg

A lot of people are like, "These guys just want to generate money on their forums off of everyone else!" and of course you are, it takes time and effort, and you should be compensated wherever possible for that. But I look at it as a service you are providing, the same as cable, or radio, or Pandora, etc. If something is worth the price, it has value. The information and assistance the vendors, and members, and you have provided me, are most definitely worth that.

5:46pm
It shows in everything going on here. I look at the price of Subaru and STi shirts and hoodies at the dealership, and I could never even consider owning one because, there, it's just branding and advertising for them to sell more cars. I have no such feelings towards displaying igota
blank.gif

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you Robert... It's good to have you hear and part of the team

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks my friend for the kind words. It came at a time when I need it the most.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm halfway into reading about tuning. So much stuff to soak in. I'll definitely have to read it again tomorrow. I've been on this forum since April and have learned more in the past 3 months than I did in 3 years and IWSTI. Good job to everyone that has contributed to making this site into what it is right now. :tup: You know who you are! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm halfway into reading about tuning. So much stuff to soak in. I'll definitely have to read it again tomorrow. I've been on this forum since April and have learned more in the past 3 months than I did in 3 years and IWSTI. Good job to everyone that has contributed to making this site into what it is right now. :tup: You know who you are! :D

We have a great team here!

Thank you for support. Enjoy the community. :)

inferno19d

So, I joined today and have been randomly going through and reading through the all of the different threads. I have to say upon reading the threads about open source tunning and the in depth conversations of the people talking about it, along with their recommendations, this is why I decided to become a premium member. This is one forum that I will proudly support and spread the word about. I have to say you have a great forum and business, I look forward to many of conversations with the lot of you as time goes one.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So, I joined today and have been randomly going through and reading through the all of the different threads. I have to say upon reading the threads about open source tunning and the in depth conversations of the people talking about it, along with their recommendations, this is why I decided to become a premium member. This is one forum that I will proudly support and spread the word about. I have to say you have a great forum and business, I look forward to many of conversations with the lot of you as time goes one.

Thank you my friend for the kind words. Our only goal is to be the best we can be for our members!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

As a premium member you now have access to the Tuning Guide in "Member's Resources".

Check it out!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:bump:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Subarus are a thrilling car to own. There are tons of mods to do, parts to buy and knowledge to gain and give. I have never seen such a group of individuals so brand loyal, tech interested, knowledgeable, willing to help, teach and learn.... and hateful to others.
Disrespect, disrespect is the reason why I became a premium member of this site. Not disrespect on this site but others. I just got tired of seeing people jumping on others, like jackals, for an idea or opinion that may not be the norm or their norm. I have seen too many new guys post questions regarding tech or what not, and some sour puss decides to be the almighty and hammer the "google it dumass" or "your an idiot" or "this topic has been covered 11ty billion times find your own answers" comments. Not everyone is an expert, lots are new, many are knowledgeable and a lot aren't very mechanically inclined.
Not every persons tastes are going to agree with you. If you want to paint your wheels pink and post to the world you are proud of it, you don't deserve 1000 a$$holes telling you how queer you are. If you don't like the OP's color choice, move on to another thread. If you must comment, then find something positive to comment on, like how the person did a good job on laying the color down. No one deserves to have their dick kicked in the dirt.
I am a member on two other sites, besides this one. One of those sites, it's almost, well it really is, encouraged to troll and ridicule people. The other well, lets just say you all, I am sure, know about that one.
(jeebus I am ranting, lol. I stop now!)

Everyone deserves a fair shake and respect. This site has proven that respect will be the number one priority. PInk wheels or no pink wheels; blow off valves and hellaflush. Everyone is gonna get a fair chance here. Come the day that I put 14 VTA BOV's on my ride and post up, I expect some respect! :lol:

I hope to be a member here for a long time to come and be a good student as well as a teacher.

Thanks for a great place to hang my hat!

-Sean