06 STI: 380whp/364wtq 12.20 @ 115

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
DSCN0851.jpg

These numbers were my last setup (stock motor)

Numbers:
Dyno: Mustang
Tuner: AWDTuning
Wheel HP: 380 (210)
Wheel TQ: 364 (?)
Ambient Temp: ?
Elevation: ~430' Above sea level

Car Info: White STI
Year: 2006
Engine Management: Open Source
Engine: Stock
Heads: Stock
Turbo: Full Race Twin Scroll HTA GT3076R 1.06a/r
Intercooler: Perrin
Meth Kit: N/A
Injectors/Fuel: 93 oct, PE850cc Walbro fp
Intake/Inlet: KSTech 83mm cold air
Headers: Full Race twin scroll
Uppipe: Full Race Twin scroll, dual Tial MVS 38mm wastegates (dumped)
Downpipe: Full Race rotated (catted)
CBE: Custom 3'' Magnaflow
Other Power Mods: KSTech TGV deletes, NGK 1 step colder spark plugs, GrimmSpeed ebcs

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
My wife was riding in our truck next to me on the freeway and she said "it sounds stupid!" lol I guess it has a rapid pulse sound like a sh sh sh sh sh sh instead of a constant sshhhhhhhhh. IDK, it sounds nice to me :D

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
This thread was my old setup. I'm now making 436/426 @ 24psi on 93oct and 499/468 on VP MS109. I just haven't driven the new setup yet cuz the car is still in the states, I'm in Germany. I should be visiting the states for spring break :) Getting some new seat time with slips :D

AirManCam

My wife was riding in our truck next to me on the freeway and she said "it sounds stupid!" lol I guess it has a rapid pulse sound like a sh sh sh sh sh sh instead of a constant sshhhhhhhhh. IDK, it sounds nice to me :D

Sounds good, but seems a lot quieter than my EWG. You're shifting too slow, she's blowing off in between shifts :p

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
lol asshole :p I do miss the ricer TurboXS RFL bov. The ricer in me loved that drug out sound. The Tial Q is wierd. High boost it's got a high pitch noise, but very short and at mid boost its a little longer but sounds like a water hitting a hot stove TSSSSsssss lol

I do wonder if I have tranny problems though cuz I do have to slam gears to shift fast. Almost to the point where I feel like I'm gonna break the shifter. My last tune also had a weird hesitation sometimes going from 4 -> 5th. to my videos and watch the "STI vs R35" video. IDK if you can hear it but I felt it big time. Almost felt like it stalled :( In the video it was 3rd -> 4th. I promise you the clutch was let out and gas was fully pressed but nothing??? Weird.

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I have a Defi water temp. gauge and it was getting super hot. Reached 215* instead of 205-210*. I stopped running for about 30min and checked the coolant. Even warm, it was way low so I got some water and filled it. After that it was good to go. Not reaching higher than 205* Yes yes, I know, I have enough gauges :p

currentwithlabels.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How do you see to drive with all the writing on the windshield? lol! :rofl:

how is your launch setup? any tips on approaching the line? do you prefer a side? and do you flat foot shift in a drag? im just asking your preference to help out with my times. i almost have the same power setup. 466whp/401wtq @ 22psi on 93pump.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Well, back when I did this, I didn't have LC or FFS. I just tried to keep the rpm ~3k then as the tree started to go I would hold the gas down and let out the clutch and try to let out ~5500rpm. It was o k but I would eat my clutch up a little. Now I make 436/426 and have LC and FFS. A side doesn't matter, I guess I like the right side so I can stare back at my victims lol I set my LC to 5k and FFS to 6500 since I shift at:
1-2= redline
2-3= 7k
3-4= 6900ish
4-5=6800
My best 60's are 1.7 on SHITTY tires. As the tree gets to the 2nd yellow, I start to let off the clutch. By the time it hits green, I'm already moving and can let off the clutch and get off the line. If you stop AS SOON AS your dual stage light lights up, you have a little play room to move without redlighting, hence how I can move and let off the clutch without redlighting. I think my best R/T was .06. I could of swore I redlit but checked the slip when done. That was an abnormal launch for me though lol I usually get ~.6 not .06.

If you don't know how to launch at all, go on some back road and practice. You have to feather the clutch. Let off just a little to initiate movement. Once you feel the car barely pulling, then you can let off the clutch. If you just try to dump the clutch without feathering or too fast, you'll bog, bad. If you watch some of my other video's on youtube, you can hear how the car pulls a little while the rpms are still high then the car moves to the rpms...makes sense? Hope some of this helps. Oh ya, try to avoid water!! I've spun through the tree with wet tires.