-Cobb catted turboback
-Walbro 255 fp
-CSS TMIC
-K&N intake
-Turbo xs MBC@17.8psi
-93 oct
-Spec Ops Tune by Matt
-Wrenched by Gino

Today Gino and I took Crystal's '06 WRX out today on the little stocker turbo. The car did very well on pumpgas and recommend going with a different mbc to hold boost a lil better, even though I know the turbo is small, I think we can get it to hold another 2 psi up top as it falls fast after 5500 rpm. I don't recommend the turbo xs on any car as we've seen them fall apart and leak badly. The Hallman Pro has a heavy spring and holds boost very well. Gino is going to try and talk to her about installing a Hallman mbc and us go log to see what the difference is for data purposes on this setup. Hopefully it'll keep it more of a smoother HP curve up top. Thanks for looking!

Crystals06wrx.jpg

-Matt

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow that is good for a WRX.

Spec-Ops Motorsports

Inactive Vendor
Thats what we thought! That TMIC keeps the IAT's nice and cool, allowing us more up top. The afr's were around 11.6 afr up top at the tailpipe, 77% IDC and no knock. We do things (says our tech Mike)! I thoroughly enjoy tuning these cars and then seeing them perform at the track, still a reliable daily and the customer coming back for more power. I'm not going to jinx us too much but we have been reliably tuning these cars ever since we started in the Subaru business and I enjoy seeing happy customers that choose to come to us now. Its very rewarding!

-Matt

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I think we can arrange that. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
BOOM! I say Reks should drive and Crystal can pack sandwiches. :rofl:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OH MAN! :rofl: I just peed myself!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow she got you. Nice rebound! Reks 0 - Twiz - 1.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dont stress JJ, they will just swap sammich making tips!

We really do whore up every post....

Good thinking pal. All that talking that weekend will make me hungry. :lol:

Spec-Ops Motorsports

Inactive Vendor
lol. Holy crap! Just got back on and lmao. I think Crystal will be better off making sandwiches at the RV at the track while Gino is driving! Take some pics on the cars too Crystal...............back to work!

-Matt