Injector Brands

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I think i need some bigger injectors before I upgrade my power any more, so I've started doing my research. However I've found it difficult to compile all the information I'm looking for--consequently I was hoping you guys could help.

The common brands I've come up with are:

Injector Dynamics (ID)
Deatchwerks (DW)
Fuel Injector Clinic (FIC)
Five-O
Witch Hunter
Power Enterprises (PE)
RC Engineering
Agency Power
Denso
Sard

So far it looks like the "grading" criteria should be:

1) Size, in ACTUAL flow rates
2) Good/bad spray patterns
3) Tuneability
4) Plug-n-play
5) Type of fuel it can run
6) and if all else is equal, price

For instance, I'm pretty sure I've read that some injectors do NOT flow their advertised CC rate--but I can no longer find that.
I've also heard that some injectors are just modified stock ones, where end cap is chopped which leads to a sub par flow pattern.

Anyways, I'm just looking to get some clarity, so thanks in advance.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
yet their 1000 and 1200 cc injectors are ok.

I like ID personally. Ive tune just about all of them except sard and denso. Deatschwerks are modified stock injectors but I don't believe there are issues with inferior spray pattern that I have ever experienced. They are very easy to tune because they use stock latency.

I see the witch hunters used in allot of WRX applications and I think they are easy to tune as well. My friend flow tested his and they were exactly as advertised.

I respect the Five-0 injectors because they are brand new unused injectors and they are the same brand the OE uses. The price is the best out of all of them. They come fully flow tested and they publish latency for all voltage ranges now. Despite what you may have heard on the interwebs they are easy to tune with the exception of maybe their 2000cc

ZachTTLM

I am agreeing with these guys. The ID injectors do work well but get lumpy, I have not seen the FICs without a spacer either. Both have seemed to work well with tuners. Also DeatschWerks have been very user friendly with drop in design and good tunability.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The test data that you get with all new Five-0 injectors come with all latency values now... The last three sets that I tuned had them :tup:

They required only minor adjustments

Vermont

I'm using the DW850cc injectors my self and honestly if I was to do it over again I would have gone with five-0 instead. Not only are the DWs more expensive, their customer service sucks and the info on their sheets is completely inaccurate. Then you have to wonder why they are so expensive after all, they are only modified stock injectors. My suggestion is to go with the five-o or IDs.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm using the DW850cc injectors my self and honestly if I was to do it over again I would have gone with five-0 instead. Not only are the DWs more expensive, their customer service sucks and the info on their sheets is completely inaccurate. Then you have to wonder why they are so expensive after all, they are only modified stock injectors. My suggestion is to go with the five-o or IDs.

You must be referring to their published latency :lol:

I had some huge issues with this a while ago. I spent two days trying to figure out why the published latency would not work and they ended up wanting stock latency

Vermont

You must be referring to their published latency :lol:

I had some huge issues with this a while ago. I spent two days trying to figure out why the published latency would not work and they ended up wanting stock latency

I ever tell you you about what DW told me on the phone when I called them? I ask "hey what's up with your guy's latencys? I tried to use them and the car won't start where did you get these latencys from?" Them "Those were the latencys we got when we tested the injectors. If they are not working you might have to use different ones for your application." Me "what would they be or how could I get them?" Them "I don't know what they would be for your car, you are going to have to get them your self....." Me "BANG! BANG! BANG!" (The sound of the phone being slammed into the table because I was hearing something I really did not want to hear..... Then the next day while searching RR I found out that they just use stock latencys. Plugged the stock values back in and everything worked. I did have to fiddle with it a little bit though, but not much.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah... That's pretty much my experience also... The last entries in my journal over at IWSTi are related to this very issue.

Sometimes I wonder if they are hiring old folks from the local home to test their latencies. I mean for the very same injector, one day they published the correct latency and the next they don't. I have data sheets for two identical sets of injectors from them yet totally different latency values for each set... and I'm not even talking a little discrepancy... I'm talking tens of msec.

:unsure:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
The test data that you get with all new Five-0 injectors come with all latency values now... The last three sets that I tuned had them :tup:

They required only minor adjustments

Have you got any of the sheets still lying around? I guess I should just call Five-O directly and see if I can get them for my 1200's.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Have you got any of the sheets still lying around? I guess I should just call Five-O directly and see if I can get them for my 1200's.

No not really... Besides I think the latencies are specific to the injector set being tested. Meaning the latencies are actual measured values. But give them a call anyway and see if they can give you an average, which is good enough.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Ah - I see, so like the flow, it's actually measured - that's by far the most accurate. Mine are working really well now, would be interesting to see what the specs are, and how close / far I am.

Car likes SD much more, and I don't have any strange fueling that would be typical to latencies, so I'm pretty confident that I'm close to the right values.