Perrin Lightweight Crank Pully

Installed this on my 06 STI
This crank pully is about half the weight of the stock one. I showed the stock and the LCP to several people and they were amazed at the weight difference.
Installation instructions were acceptable and made sense after reading them over a few times, finish on the product was top notch.

To install you have to remove the belt cover and the two belts. You do not have to remove the radiator or fanshroud to install but you will have more room to work if you do.

You will need a breaker bar and a torque wrench to reset the pully bolt after installing the new pully. The only hard part I had was aligning the bolt to the crankshaft and key, it took a few 'stabs' to get it aligned right. One I had it aligned correctly it slid on nicely.
From start to finish I had it installed in about 90 minutes. I installed this on the ground in my garage without lifting the vehicle. I ust popped the hood and went to work.

If you do not have much mechanbical experience I would not do this yourself as you can mess up the crankshaft by cross threading the bolt or over-torquing the bolt or mess your engine up my not making it tight enough.

After installing it I immedialty noticed in park the throttle was a little mopre responsive and took it for a drive, it felt had a little more power at the low end. I would say about a 5% gain.
A friend of mine with an 07 STI can also notice the lower power/throttle response from stop to 2nd gear compared to his.

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up. I love mine and it is probably one of my favorite mods based on ease of install, felt improvement, and ofcourse price. I wouldn't say 5-10% in actual power gain but maybe in responsiveness. I plan on getting a shop to make me an aluminum drive shaft one of these days to get even more of an increase (I'm not sold on the DSS fitment and not about to pay for a carbon fiber one). :tup:

Last edited:
Yes you are right, it probably doenst have a gain in power.... just the low end responsiveness gives the impression.....:tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looks like I'm buying one. Man you guys are always costing me money.