Favorite Overseas Port Calls (embarked Marines can also chime in here)

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Favorite Overseas Port Calls (embarked Marines can also chime in here)

Here's a couple of my favorites for example...

Homeport(s): Pearl Harbor, Hawai'i
San Diego, California

Foreign Port Visits: Phuket, Thailand
Hong Kong, PRC
Townsville, Australia
Osaka, Japan

There have been many, many others I could list, but let's get this started here! :)

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Nice, nice. Good times. What command where you with in San Diego?

I was on the Peleliu in SD for a while, I'm out now though...

NESTI

Phuket thailand, Pattaya thailand x2, townsville australia, brisbane australia, dubai uae, Arta beach djibouti, subic bay Philippines x2 *spelling?*.... temor lest, hong kong, Singapore, cambodia, indonesia, Pohang korea x2, hawaii, okinawa japan (2 years), missing a few more having a major brain fart due to alcohol... favorite by far was Brisbane Australia though, i almost went UA there. ships i was on were USS Essex, USS Peleliu, USS Germantown, USS Denver, USS Tortuga, USS Harpers Ferry.... yeah... i've been at sea too long for a Marine...

RSHNRKT

^Damn... I have 14 years in, and haven't seen that many ships, lol! I have done my fair share of sailing though... Favorite ports would have to be Pattaya Beach, Thailand... Hands down. Then, Australia... Anywhere there was really nice... But Brisbane.. Yes, Brisbane of all places... Three colleges near by, and thats all im going to say. Singapore... good for shopping, and Korea as well. I have been 5 different rates... and have had many different experiences in the Navy... gotta love being at the needs of the Navy... sometimes, you just dont get a choice. None the less... i dont know if i would take it back... maybe just a different route. Currently 10 years sea, 4 years shore... so i know what it means to be gone a lot. Anyway, hats off to all my fellow shipmates! Subaru for life!!!

~M~

subisti07

Was stationed in Japan for four years at HSL-51. I did helicopters on small ships so we got to hit some of the ports that alot of people miss out on. My favorite ones were Cebu, PI and Sri Lanka. Closely followed by Hong Kong and any port in Thailand. I was never lucky enough to hit Australia but from what I have heard from other people and from Australians, thats the place to go. The Frigate that I was on was schedule for a port call in the Maldives but it was cancelled due to a liberty incident.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ooooh man. Who was that buddy fucker?! I hope he was real proud of screwing the crew out of a port visit in Australia.

Homeport: NorfolkShip: USS Truxtun (DDG 103)On first deployment now, so foreign ports so far: Souda Bay Greece, Constanta Romania, Varna Bulgaria, Petra Jordan, Muscat Oman, Bahrain...more to come.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Souda Bay and Petra were two places I always wanted to see but never got to. Take lots of pictures!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Homeport: NorfolkShip: USS Truxtun (DDG 103)On first deployment now, so foreign ports so far: Souda Bay Greece, Constanta Romania, Varna Bulgaria, Petra Jordan, Muscat Oman, Bahrain...more to come.

Constanta, huh? How did you like the Romania? I haven't been back since I left in '98, so A LOT has changed in the country. However, I bet the women are still as good looking, IF NOT BETTER!!!! :rofl: [MENTION=3552]danosrk[/MENTION]

Constanta, huh? How did you like the Romania? I haven't been back since I left in '98, so A LOT has changed in the country. However, I bet the women are still as good looking, IF NOT BETTER!!!! :rofl: [MENTION=3552]danosrk[/MENTION]
Romania was awesome and yeah I dunno wtf is in the water over there but they're probably the most gorgeous women I've seen in my life...like all of them.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Romania was awesome and yeah I dunno wtf is in the water over there but they're probably the most gorgeous women I've seen in my life...like all of them.
It's the Black Sea! You can blame it all on that damn sea! :lol: Glad you enjoyed it! :tup:

Lol just noticed you're from Cleveland...I'm from Sandusky.