GD Ohio Corn-fed 04 STI

I couldnt wait!!!! Was able to get some free time tonight so i took the opportunity to get little bit of a head-start for tomorrow :) removed tmic and under-panel then AeroKroiled the hell outta the exhaust and turbo bolts. And thankfully i chose to install an AOS cuz i found some nasty stuff in the pcv lines.

u2ube8er.jpg

gyzevaja.jpg

ta4u9a3u.jpg

Here is day one photos. Everything is out! Today i have a few little things to pick up. Then get the headers/up pipe/turbo/tgv/injectors/fuel rails/fuel lines installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538080.802295.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538097.186772.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368538161.416570.jpg

Its coming together, slowly but surely. Tgv/injectors/rails are on, turbo and up pipe are on, fuel lines are roughly routed. Will finish her up this week.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855212.178819.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368855230.159284.jpg

Its been a couple weeks since last post but I just wanted to tell you all that i finished the turbo swap!!! She made 440 HP 460 TQ at 24 PSI. Definitely miss the subaru rumble since i went equal length!! The Cobb TBE is kinda raspy so where it drops to 2.75" i will be putting in a test pipe with a resonator sometime soon when my bank account recovers. Although the external wastegate completely drowns out any other sounds the car makes, Lol. Big thanks to Jordan at Defined Performance for parts. And Thorne with IPS Motorsports for the tune!!!

Tonytouch

Great build and numbers. I'm going to see Thorne Friday for my tune! I can't wait. Did you stay at IPS while he tuned or did you drop it off?

Tonytouch

Awesome glad to hear that. IPS has a great shop I was there once before. I'm looking forward to hanging out and watching him work.

Well everyone, one final update for a while. After not even a month, Ive come to the realization that 440hp and 460tq is what every daily driver STi should be. But, Im still not satisfied, lol. I have crazy over the top plans when i get funding situated. Muuahahahahahaha (mad scientist laugh)

Its a secret for now, still in planning stages. I will give two hints and thats all for now. And since IGOTASTI is my favorite forum, I will only post project updates here. Hint 1: H6 Hint 2: Automatic

Wow, been a while since ive posted. Ive had crazy plans for my car but life has put me in another state and i am going to stick with nice but practical :/. I have moved to Denver, Colorado and my car is in pieces at IPS motorsports in Columbus, Ohio, lol. Engine rebuild is in the works. So far i have a basic list of whats going in, feedback would be appreciated....

Heads:

Kelford 272/268 cams
Supertech dual valve spring kit w/ titanium retainers
Supertech Nitrided valves (maybe +1mm, idk)
Obviously new seals and guides
Maybe a port/ polish job

Block:

CP piston, bored .020 over, custom 10:1 comp ratio
ACL race bearings
Manley H Beam Rods, not the turbo tuff
ARP hardware

Extras:

Changing turbos from GT3071R to GTX3576R
Mishimoto radiator
Mishimoto hoses
Mishimoto thermostat (grimmspeed does not make this anymore)
Mishimoto radiator dual fan kit
STi 11mm oil pump
OEM master gasket set
Gates Racing timing belt kit
GO Fast Bits pully kit

just over a year in the making, stage 1 of the project is finally coming to a close soon. the hard stuff is done, just waiting for tune and only a couple little things. I did not hit my goal for H6 but i have the next best thing to it. Getting tuned for 600WHP but its capable of 800+ which will happen during stage 2. ive spared no expense and did not cut corners. here is the breakdown of what i have done, more specifics can come later:

Garrett GTX3582R (black wrinkle powder coated compressor, powder coated CHRA, ceramic coated exhaust housing)
Perrin rotated ewg up-pipe and down pipe (all ceramic coated black)
Perrin FMIC (anodized and wrinkled powder coated black)
Tial 50MM BOV
Invidia EL headers
Tial MVR 44MM EWG
WRX wiring harness/connecotrs/sensors
Vi-Pec 44 ECU, tuning in anti-lag, launch control, flexfuel
GM flexfuel sensor with ethanol content guage
Aeromotive 1000 inline fuel pump and top feed rails
-8AN fuel lines
1.5L swirl pot
ID 2000's injectors
Mishimoto radiator/fans with silicone hoses

Engine:
Cosworth Stroker kit 2.71L
Darton semi closed sleeves
Stage 4 cams, no AVCS
valves/springs good for 12,000 rpm
block/heads ported/polished
all hardware is the best ARP has to offer
Exedy triple carbon disk clutch

Fortune Auto 500 coilovers (rear helper springs, radial bearings, rear camber plates)
Hotchkis competition swaybar kit

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Chris how much money you get in this build so far?