GD Ohio Corn-fed 04 STI

I have recently taken the first steps in going yellow to an e85 conversion. Bigger turbo and im looking for 400whp. Cant wait to get it Finished!!! Chassis is a 2004 STI with 70k miles, silver, and im running out of Columbus, ohio. So if there are any Ohio E85 drivers, id def like to check out ur setup and anyone in general this way, stop on over! Going Blouch dominator 2.0 xt, removing wastegate actuator and blocking the plate off to go EWG. FIC 1100cc injectors is my choice, for fueling. I will update as i pick up parts. I hope to get this done by july-ish, maybe more -ish. Lmao just collecting parts so i can do this all at once. First step was buying IPS motorsports silicone TIP, STI oil feed line, and ordering ETS TMIC this afternoon.

Vermont

With that setup you will be well past your 400whp mark. People are hitting the mid to low 400s with E85 and a Dom 2.0, so I see no reason you wont be able to. For your goals the only limiting factor I see would be your MAF being maxed out, both Cobb and Open Source Rom Raider offer an SD (Speed Density) solution to this by not using the MAF at all so you might want to suggest that to your tuner.

Something to think about as well would be a set of Grimmspeed PnP stock headers for this build as well. If you don't already have the EWG and up-pipe might I suggest that you go with the Tial 38mm EWG and Grimmspeed up-pipe combo. That combined with the PnP header and cross pipe will help greatly with spool and mid range power. I would not suggest an after market set of headers (besides the PnP stock ones) due to the prevalence of them cracking under the heat. Only brand that is know of that will not do that is the Killer B headers, but they cost $1,400 and are equal length so you lose the Subaru rumble. Something else you might want to think about is some heat wrap, a turbo blanket and reflective heat tape to keep the TMIC cool. This will not give you any extra power but will keep you from detonating and losing power while driving. If you don't already have one a nice CAI will also help, as at those levels the stock intake is starting to get maxed out and with an aftermarket turbo a new Boost Control Solenoid is a must. Either a 3-port or a nice manual if that is what your tuner likes. I would find out from him what Intakes and BCS he likes to work with as it will make his life easier if you pick parts he has worked with before.

Already talked with the tuner at my local shop and discussed things he prefers to use. Everything is definitely quality built. I can give the list of parts im looking to get.

Agency Power top feed fuel rail kit
FIC 1100cc top feed injectors
IPS Motorsports local built EL headers
IPS Motorsports local built silicone TIP
Blouch Dominator 2.0
Fuelab FPR
TGV Delete
Go Fast Bits hybrid BOV
Grimmspeed EWG up pipe
Walbro 255 pump
Tial 38mm MVS wastegate
Not sure the CAI im going with
ETS TMIC has been ordered
Turbo blanket and header wrap will be used

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Personally the only thing I would change on that would be no CAI run a short ram and I would never trust Agency Power parts on a vehicle I owned. I won't even sell their products.

Your tuner thinks that the 255 will pump you enough fuel?

Good luck with build! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

I never had issues with Agency power stuff but I would agree with you on the CIA and pump

The fuel pump on E85 is going to be borderline adequate. I would suggest at least a Deatschwerks 300 or better yet Aeromotive 340. For the intake I would suggest you go with an 83mm KStech short ram and the Cobb cold air box. KStech makes a big MAF that fits the Cobb air box... it's nice! I suggest 83mm because any stock size MAF is going to max out very quickly on that setup.

Vermont

I never had issues with Agency power stuff but I would agree with you on the CIA and pump

Damn you CIA! Why must you always interfere with my car!

The fuel pump on E85 is going to be borderline adequate. I would suggest at least a Deatschwerks 300 or better yet Aeromotive 340. For the intake I would suggest you go with an 83mm KStech short ram and the Cobb cold air box. KStech makes a big MAF that fits the Cobb air box... it's nice! I suggest 83mm because any stock size MAF is going to max out very quickly on that setup.

For your goals the only limiting factor I see would be your MAF being maxed out, both Cobb and Open Source Rom Raider offer an SD (Speed Density) solution to this by not using the MAF at all so you might want to suggest that to your tuner.

^^ AHEM! AHEM!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
^^ AHEM! AHEM!

Just offering other options. Personally I like MAF over MAP because of it's inherent ability to compensate for a wider variety of atmospheric and environmental conditions and I don't suggest SD unless it is absolutely necessary. If it was a track only car then I would but if it is driven on the street in a wide variety of conditions I would always go with MAF.

Vermont

Just offering other options. Personally I like MAF over MAP because of it's inherent ability to compensate for a wider variety of atmospheric and environmental conditions and I don't suggest SD unless it is absolutely necessary. If it was a track only car then I would but if it is driven on the street in a wide variety of conditions I would always go with MAF.

MAF and SD mixing is the solution to that man. The problem with Big MAFs is once again drivability down under CL, so that is why I always suggest SD now that both Cobb and OS support it, although OS is the only place with the MAF and SD mixing. Also the cost of the big MAF intakes is nothing to laugh at, and if you can get around that just by using a nice SD/MAF mix tune then I would suggest that over spending more money any day of the week. In the end it will all come down to his tuner though.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
MAF and SD mixing is the solution to that man. The problem with Big MAFs is once again drivability down under CL, so that is why I always suggest SD now that both Cobb and OS support it, although OS is the only place with the MAF and SD mixing. Also the cost of the big MAF intakes is nothing to laugh at, and if you can get around that just by using a nice SD/MAF mix tune then I would suggest that over spending more money any day of the week. In the end it will all come down to his tuner though.

your right. :tup:

Update today!!! I am working on getting the project finished earlier and I have changed the turbo setup Im going with. Blouch doesnt sell the Dom2.0 so the Dom 3.0 is my next choice. they are the same turbos other then a ball bearing upgrade and the 3.0 has a 2mm smaller turbine wheel. I will be doing a 3in inlet size and the thermal coating for turbine housing.

Wow, pulling this thread out of its grave!!! Almost a year since last post. But, this is good news.....car will be built in the next few weeks. I paused the project because i was buying a house. But im settled now and with spring/summer, everyone in town is uncovering their own muscle and sports cars, i dont want to be left out of that, lol Ended up getting a ATP Garret gt3071r turbo, deatschwerks 1000 cc injectors, deatschwerks 300lph fuel pump, Invidia EL header to solidify the build. and Jordan @ Defined hooked me up yesterday with the lengthy list of little things i need to finish her!!! I previously posted 400hp as my goal but i have that updated to 450hp :):):)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hot stuff. Are you doing internals, or just the bolt-ons? Who's doing the wrenching and the tuning?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pictures of progress!

Its the weekend and only 2 days until swap day! Monday morning starts the beginning of a new era. My new friend garret and I will be guzzling alcohol by the gallon-full! More pics will be posted this afternoon!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
2 long days that is! :lol:

2 very long days. Hasnt helped that its been a very long week with my soon-to-be-father-in-law staying at my house this week to visit.

Btw everyone here is the official parts list:

ATP gt3071r
FIC 1100cc top feed injectors
Aeromotive top feed rails
Teflon lined SS braided lines
DW 300 fuel pump
Invidia EL race headers
Grimmspeed ceramic coated EWG up pipe
Tial 44mm EWG
Ported/Deleted TGVs
Grimmspeed EBCS
Omni power 4bar map sensor
Grimmspeed AOS
Grimmspeed gaskets and 8mm phenolic spacer
APS 3" hard tube turbo inlet
Fuel lab adjustable FPR
KS Tech 73mm cold air intake with MAF sensor
Aeromotive fuel pressure guage
Turbosmart boost guage
KS Tech TGV delete end caps
Prosport Turbo blanket
Mishimoto heat wrap

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
2 very long days. Hasnt helped that its been a very long week with my soon-to-be-father-in-law staying at my house this week to visit.

Oh jeez. Good luck! Haha