6858902913bb8107188a1373185613bd.jpg

e3c09847fd8a34348d48b092e7e67500.jpg

f831df28e4eb073cdb9c31703a38dde1.jpg

fda0837dba59f32eb79ae291aa66c2cf.jpg

9bb2f8c58ca93e063d6458d7023bb2ed.jpg

6aae8b2c51852a68cb6234d967641545.jpg

2cfa45463d1a452604b6894351a209db.jpg

c3a978deb27a0ce4f07c88e935814cca.jpg

Hey all, I have been away from the forums but I am getting back in. Update on the build....its still in pieces. lol. But, since my last post, i have missed performance to the point i had no choice but to sell my 2012 Legacy and bought a LR 2015 STi with Cobb Stage 1+. I have also gotten the following for the big build:

2006 STi transmission:

-Cusco front differential
-PPG dogbox gearset
-modified 2006 center differential
Custom shift linkages installed
DSS level 5 front axle kit
DSS Pro rear axle/hub kit (2006 inner spline/2004 outer spline to keep stock 2004 BBS wheels)
Oswald Performance subframe kit
Changed from braided fuel line to hard tube
Gem Pro Diff controller
Aeromotive fuel pump controller
Whiteline anti-lift kit
Whiteline roll-center/bump steer kit
Installed aluminum firewall behind rear seat to separate cabin from trunk fuel components
Rear subframe has been cleaned and powder coated

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You moved out of Ohio to Colorado?

Grats on the new car!

You moved out of Ohio to Colorado?

Grats on the new car!

Yup! the 2004 is still in Plain City getting worked, but I took a transfer within my company. Hoping Subie Invasion in Las Vegas on Nov. 5 is still going to happen, i cant find specific meet information, that will be the 2004 big build unveiling as long as things go as planned. And thanks! I am in love with the 2015+ platform, reminds me of my 2004 :) and i am def excited for the Cobb to get here, i ordered it Friday.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pictures!!!! Where are the pictures?!?!?!? :banghead:

Pictures!!!! Where are the pictures?!?!?!? :banghead:

lol. I will get some of the 2015 after I get my Cobb. Tough to get pictures of parts and car that are in another state. I will see if Brian @ BKR Autosport will send me a few pics of the 2004.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
Cant wait to see pics of them. If you need help getting anything for either one of them let us know. Would love to help in anyway in your builds.

Havent kept up with this build thread like i have with the one on IWSTI. Long story short, had issues with the shop in Plain City, OH and moved the car to Mofab LLC in Parker, CO where i am now in Castle Rock. Mofab just delivered the car after final tune. We went through a lot of troubleshooting Link Engine Management and other cobwebs with fuel pumps and wiring. Took about 6 years but it is done now!! Final numbers are 697whp and 630wtq at 35psi and e85 fuel.

f6223c2540005e065c83a862957d9c60.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
[MENTION=496]ANGKlingon[/MENTION]

6 years?!?! Holy moly!

But that's some great numbers. How does it feel on the street? Track?

Care to elaborate on the issues with the first shop and the comparison to the 2nd?

[MENTION=496]ANGKlingon[/MENTION]

6 years?!?! Holy moly!

But that's some great numbers. How does it feel on the street? Track?

Care to elaborate on the issues with the first shop and the comparison to the 2nd?

Literally took delivery, drove it home, then work called and sent me out of town, lol. Shop to my house is about 20 miles, and it feels really smooth. As smooth as youre going to get driving a dogbox at slow speeds/rpm. Ive never handled 700whp and its been so long since i have driven it. I am easing into the throttle right now.

First shop was a very knowledgeable guy who broke away from a larger performance shop in Lewis Center, OH as they were closing doors. He got his own small shop and carried over a few projects including mine. He couldnt keep good techs, took on too many big projects, couldnt keep in cash flow, and his business partner made big finance mistakes with the company. So big projects got put to the side for years and things started happening with parts. I finally decided it was time to move on and many parts i had paid for were not actually on the car nor some of the labor was done as he said it was. Dude was always really hard to get ahold of too. Great tech, bad luck, bad business owner/manager.

I moved to Colorado and made sure to research a reputable scooby shop as i have a very unique build. I met with the techs, tuner, and the owner before choosing Mofab LLC. They have a great customer base and are well known in the area for their motorsports. Nick their tuner is highly rated in the rocky mountain area. And the customer service has been great.