How long did it take for your vehicle to get to Germany?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
My truck took about 6 weeks. I'm nervous about shipping my car cuz it's so low.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
No, they will only ship one vehicle and I brought my truck...wifes call and it SUCKS in the snow!! lol It's too big, 2wd etc etc. She didn't feel safe cuz my sti is "too fast".

It's going to cost ~$1k to ship but the shipping time idk. My truck was on a military shippment so it had to wait for a while for the full shipment quota to fill. I don't know if it'd be the same for a "civilian" shipment though.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Should be getting my car shipped with tax returns. Just need to fix the windshield as it has a HUGE crack in it and I have to get it TX inspected. After that I need to find a good company to ship the car. I'll probly try to contact the VPC (vehicle processing center) in Dallas and ask who I can ship through as they don't do 3rd party shipments. I guess they only work with contracts/ military orders.

STimedic

It took mine about 30 to come over and close to 45 coming back. As far as shipping, yeah, good luck. Make sure you have your mom do a full detail on it before hand and mark down every last little dent when you get her. I missed a scuff on my brand new Tenzo's when I got it back in ATL and was pissed when I finally noticed it, as the wheels didn't even have 1.5k miles on them.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
K thx. Timeline didn't happen as planned but looks good for July. My mom is taking it it the poet in tx and I'll.be picking it up at the port here. My mom noticed a crack in my cf hood but is going to see if a body shop can redo the clear coat. It looks like something fell on the hood :( that might be a setback.... I sure hope not though.

STimedic

Also, make sure you have no bullseyes, chips or cracks in the windshield, as they'll give your mom hell when she tries to ship it.

spyder8213

That's not a bad price. I was gonna pay outta pocket for my WRX but thought it would be a couple grand. 1K isn't that bad of a price.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I finally got the car shipped. It took about 3 weeks to ship. The co. picked the car up at my moms house in the states and got to the German port in about 3 weeks. It cost $2700. Don't remember if that was before the port fees or not. The 5hr ride home was sooooo fun after not having the car for a year and now being fully built. I still had all kinds of wagons blowing by me when I was cruising at 130mph!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Is that wing legal in Germany? Last time I was there the guy I was with said that they are not allowed. :unsure:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Don't see why it wouldn't be. Hell, I should have got my turbo kit catless cuz there are no emissions for soldiers >=( They just go off of how loud it is. Even with the cat, at idle, I was 105db. With a silencer it was 101db. I had to stuff steel wool in the silencer so he would pass me lol Of course I took the silencer and mesh out as soon as I got the stamp :p I needed orange turn signals, not white and my front tint had to be taken off :/

Renegade

This is good information. I will be replacing the bulbs in my cleared out signal housings. Looking forward to Germany.

STimedic

Wondering how much it's gonna cost to ship the Beast back over there since it's smaller than the wife's FXT, which I will use the free ship on......